BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Getting around Bonaire: Need some transportation advice
Bonaire Talk: Getting around Bonaire: Archives: Archives 1999 - 2006: Archives - 2004-12-31 to 2005-05-17: Need some transportation advice
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Suzanne Olsen (BonaireTalker - Post #68) on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 11:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have checked rates with Budget, Nellies, AB, Buddys and Island Car Rentals. Rates are cheapest for the same vehicle for Christmas week at Island followed by AB, Buddys, Budget and Nellies. Island only offers CDW not full insurance. Our CC does not cover trucks or off road vehicles, so we need full insurance coverage. Which of these is the most reputable for renting from? This is our first time to Bonaire and we are not familiar with the companies there. Rates are varying from $305.00 for the week to $400.00.

My other question involves getting to and from the airport. We will be staying one night at DIVI before moving to Lions Dive for a week. We had planned to take a taxi from the airport to DIVI then to Lions Dive and then pick up the truck for the week. I read on another post that DIVI will pick you up at the Airport and Buddys will pick you up and return you to the airport. Since we are only staying one night at DIVI would they pick us up at the airport? Buddys now owns Lions Dive will they take us to the airport for our return flight? We are trying to save dollars on transportation and thought it would be cheaper to do it this way and avoid a two day rental fee if both places offer shuttle service, or the taxi fees are less than the two day rental fees.

Help please what would be our best way to do this?

(Message edited by Zuzanna on March 18, 2005)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Phillips (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #133) on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 12:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

A few suggestions: first, email Buddy Dive at frontdesk@buddydive.com to ask them about whether transfers are included in your package and how they can otherwise help you out. They have always been very accomodating in my experience. Do the same for Divi (don't know their email address). Also, I suggest you take a look at several previous threads on this site relating to car insurance and in particular the saving that Amex Premium Car Insurance coverage can offer you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Woodward (BonaireTalker - Post #37) on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 11:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You may well have to take a taxi to Divi for a 1 nite stay. It's a very short trip and won't cost much. There's a taxi rate sheet on infobonaire from 2001 that was still accurate in July,04.

Call Lions in the morning and get your free transfer from Divi to Lions. We did a similar move in July, albeit 2 different resorts.

I haven't used the Amex insurance, but it sounds very good. The Blue card is no annual fee.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration