BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: My restaurant list
Bonaire Talk: Dining: My restaurant list
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By robint (BonaireTalker - Post #52) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 12:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

okay... we leave this Friday, heading to Bonaire for the second time. Last trip we ate at Buddy's pool bar lunch only (decent food and good prices), RumRunners (okay), Cactus Blue (good but slow), Lions Den (excellent but now closed), and the place at Den Laman (don't remember the old name, but service was horrible).

So this trip I have on my list to possibly try DINNER only:

Paradise Moon (closed Sat?)
Sunset Bar & Grill (closed Wed)
It Rains Fishes
BobbeJans (only open weekends)

and possibly Cactus Blue and RumRunners again.

lunch we will be eating in our room, Buddy's pool bar, or maybe KFC, leftovers from some other places, maybe find the chicken stand downtown, or Elle's deli.

Any comments, suggestions? I am not a big red meat eater, so yes I know I am leaving out the carnivore restaurants.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KOB (LBR32) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #552) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 1:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mona Lisa & Unbelievable

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mel Briscoe (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #872) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 2:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lions Den is open until Apr 1.
Buddy's pool bar has an entirely different dinner menu, and is open every night.
Go to Bravo and Mi Banana.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob RE/MAX Bonaire www.bonairehomes.com (BonaireTalker - Post #78) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 2:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here are three places to try if you have never been to them:
- Mona Lisa, on Kaya Grandi across the street from RE/MAX. Open M-F only, closed weekends. Douwe cooks the best fresh fish on the island. Try the fresh Barracuda with lime butter sauce. Excellent Fries!
- Wil's, on LD Gerhardt's, across the street from Exito. Closed Sundays. Always excellent, great fresh fish as well! Wil is one of the best chef's on the island, IMHO. Try the fresh Mahi Mahi over creamed potatoes with mustard dill beurre blanc sauce.
- Cappricio, almost next door to City Cafe. Closed Tuesdays???. Great Italian Food. Everything is always fresh and tasty. Andreas is also a wonderful chef. Try the Gnocchi with gorgonzola cream sauce.

Can you tell I like to eat????????????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2102) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 4:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

add la boca to ur list. very reasonable prices and very good food

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Diane and Bea (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #785) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 4:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Donna and Giorgios great Italian food and Richards

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1592) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 4:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Donna & Giorgio's closed earlier this month.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol (BonaireTalker - Post #94) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 5:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Definitely try Wils. It is so wonderful, we have to eat there twice during the week we are there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judy Workman (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #297) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 8:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Donna & Giorgio's CLOSED? Just for vacation or permanently, Ruth?
My favorite Italian on the island. Donna's the best and Giorgio's gorgonzola penne pasta w/pineapple is divine! Please say it isn't so! :(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1593) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 9:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yup Judy, they sold the restaurant--no more D&G's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scot Ward (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #268) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 9:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I addition to those listed I like these too.

Pizza Bon Pizza
City Cafe (Great for Breakfast/Lunch/Happy hour/Dinner)
The Rib Factory

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ABCdivers (BonaireTalker - Post #68) on Monday, March 28, 2011 - 10:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bistro de Paris. Can anyone say, chocolate fondue? And, Robin, the place at Den Laman you were talking about IS the Sunset Bar & Grill you list as a possibility. My guess is Sunset Bar & Grill will provide many of the favorites at Lion's Den as they have the same operator. Bon Appetit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mel Briscoe (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #873) on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 7:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kirk says the menu at Sunset will not include all the Lion's Den items, because it would be unmanageably big. But he's willing to make any missing item on request if he has the ingredients...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rose Checchio (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 8:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was told D&G was purchased by the Yacht club owners! And the yacht club will close in June once D&G re-opens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6719) on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 9:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I second (or third or fourth) the suggestion for Wil's. Lovely setting and delish food.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonnie C (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #139) on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 2:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have rediscovered Zee Zeicht. Had two very good dinners there in Feb. I would recommend it for good food, good service, and reasonable prices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Dobson / Den Laman unit F (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #207) on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 3:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

La Barca!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna M. Leiss (BonaireTalker - Post #41) on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 5:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ditton on La Barca. And don't forget Bambu.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4318) on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 10:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bravo by far is the best new hot spot can you picture tai soup with portobellow and shrimp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sparty (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #315) on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 10:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am surprised no one listed the Yacht Club since it is one of the favorites of the locals. They turn away a lot of business due to the demand and limited seating. We stayed at the Yacht Club Apartments and our observation was that reservations were hard to come by for those only staying on the island for one week. They will be moving to D&G's old site this summer where they will have more seating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rose Checchio (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 8:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can someone please tell me where Bravo's is located?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4319) on Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 8:57 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bravo is fairly easy to find... Just West of TELBO office you will see TIARA's office..it is the next building. It is small but quite comfortable and has a/c. If you pass by I am making a card with a map for Lucielle until we get the new dining guide published.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. (Forgotten your password or username?)
Username:  
Password:

Please review the BonaireTalk Posting Policy before posting your message.
Watch our videos here

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration