BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Liquor Store?
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Liquor Store?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mosel (BonaireTalker - Post #27) on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 - 9:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I used to go to the liquor store across from Sand Dollar that had EVERYTHING... IT CLOSED. It's now only a gift store (how boring). They used to have all the good stuff (Tequila, Gran Mariner, Crown Royal some decent wine etc..) Can anyone tell me if there is such a store on Bonaire. I cant find one. I've tried, Cultamara, Warehouse, Cash and Carry, Bonaire Tobacco & Liquor. I'm here for another 11 days and….I NEED HELP!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5491) on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 - 9:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Bill, have you tried the Bonaire Gift Shop downtown? The right side of the store is souvenirs/t-shirts/etc...but the left side is a liquor store. I believe they are owned by the same owners as the store across from Michael's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mosel (BonaireTalker - Post #28) on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 - 9:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks BarbieRuth I'll give them a look tomorrow.

Anyone else??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1549) on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 - 10:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonaire Gift is owned by the same man who had the store across from Sand Dollar, so you may get lucky there. Also, Zhung Kong, the Chinese market just north of Cpt Don's, has a fairly good selection and decent prices. What exactly are you looking for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mosel (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 8:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Ruth, We are looking for the makings of a good margarita. Tequila, Grand Manier, triple sec, sour mix and also a lemon flavored vodka.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1550) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 10:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonaire Gift on Kaya Grandi, Zheung Kong, T.I.S. (The Island Supplier, next to Warehouse). If you can't find the ingredients after this, move on & improvise. Sometimes not all is available, and ya gotta wing it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #400) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 1:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bill- I agree with Ruth...try Zhung Kong, across from Capt Don's, closer to the WEB plant. They seem to have a decent amount of hard liquor in addition to wine. And decent prices, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mosel (BonaireTalker - Post #30) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 3:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks everyone, Mission accomplished. Zhung Kong has a very good selection as well as The Bonaire Gift Shop downtown whose owner was the owner of the liquor store that I mentioned in the opening thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom M. (BonaireTalker - Post #24) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 6:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hope you don't mind me piggy backing on this thread, but it's covering the right topic already. What's the most convenient liquor store to hit when staying south near punt vierkant?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1554) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 6:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There's nothing south; furthest store (Zhung Kong) from you is still only about 5 miles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mosel (BonaireTalker - Post #31) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 9:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonaire gift shop downtown on Kaya Grandi is the closest for you. Believe me, I've hit them all and it has most everything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #401) on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 8:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, if you just want wine, try Antillean Wine Co. on Kaya Industria. It's in the white storage building with blue trim...on the left before you get to Warehouse supermarket on your right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom M. (BonaireTalker - Post #25) on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 1:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cool, thanks for all the info!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. (Forgotten your password or username?)
Username:  
Password:

Please review the BonaireTalk Posting Policy before posting your message.
Watch our videos here

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration