BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Lucille's New Restaurant - Bravo
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Lucille's New Restaurant - Bravo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol (BonaireTalker - Post #85) on Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 6:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There was a post a couple of weeks ago about this new restaurant. Has anyone been?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B.~ Jersey Gal(*) (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13017) on Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 7:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, Carol. I have been there, Lucille is a wonderful Chef! We were a party of 4 and ordered a few different items off her menu which all were good. She offers a fish of the day with a thai sauce I think, though will cook it with a different sauce if you like, a shrimp dish with garlic and cognac, a pork tenderloin dish and quite a few different beef tenderloin dishes. What is great news is she has a whole page of Vegetarian dishes as well! Also is open for lunch which she has a great selection of soups and salads.

The night we went she had a special of Oriental beef which was so tender and good, the person in our group said she could never get her meat to be that tender.

Small place, so I would suggest making a reservation if considering going there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol (BonaireTalker - Post #86) on Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 8:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Debbie! I am always on the lookout for good vegetarian offerings. I am putting Bravo on our list!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vincent Vethaak (BonaireTalker - Post #60) on Monday, February 28, 2011 - 9:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bravo has lots of vegetarian choises as well. We had dinner with a party of 3, we all ordered vegetarian meals, it was very good. They serve tofu.
You can sit inside with A/C, or outside. The menu has a lot to offer. It is getting better for vegetarians on the island, the go green shop of Tina is also pretty good. Her guinoa salad is jummy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brenda (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1260) on Monday, February 28, 2011 - 10:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

where is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B.~ Jersey Gal(*) (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13018) on Monday, February 28, 2011 - 1:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Brenda, it is past Telbo and across from DewPoint, so if going towards town from hotel row, you would not actually go into town, but around, past Telbo and it is a few blocks on right hand sidestreet off main drag. (It is before the big Church).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B.~ Jersey Gal(*) (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13019) on Monday, February 28, 2011 - 1:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yellow building with BRAVO in black letters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6303) on Monday, February 28, 2011 - 2:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ha, Debbie....that ought to clear things up!

I love Lucille's places. Can't wait to try this one. Can't wait to be able to try this one...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3478) on Thursday, March 3, 2011 - 2:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We just ate there last evening. A real nice little spot! Lucille is charming, talkative & attentive and her food is wonderful. I hear she's doing ribs this Sunday during Carnival. May just have to amble over there if I can get past the crowds!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Amy Johnson (BonaireTalker - Post #75) on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 - 3:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is this the same Lucille that used to run the restaurant at Harbor Village years ago? Not La Balandra (the ship near the harbor's mouth), but the restaurant in the main building next to the pool.

For our first trip, the boyfriend and I stayed at Harbor Village and ate dinner at the restaurant there, and I think it was called "Lucille's". The food was FABULOUS!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4307) on Thursday, March 17, 2011 - 7:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

yes she also ran Bistro Des Ami

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #288) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 3:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will be in Bonaire from Monday for five weeks and Lucille's is high on my list to visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mel Briscoe (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #869) on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 9:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

A group of 6 of us just ate there tonight.
6 out of 6 gave it exceptional marks.
We would go back in a heartbeat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #292) on Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 5:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Was speaking to somebody else who was there at the same time and also recommended it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #295) on Sunday, March 27, 2011 - 8:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Went there for lunch on Friday. Absolutely fantastic. Highly recommended. It's called Bravos.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. (Forgotten your password or username?)
Username:  
Password:

Please review the BonaireTalk Posting Policy before posting your message.
Watch our videos here

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration