BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: The deli across from Chat and Browse
Bonaire Talk: Dining: The deli across from Chat and Browse
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Kehnle (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #223) on Friday, February 18, 2011 - 2:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I can't remember the name, but we stopped at the deli in the strip mall right at the roundabout where Chat and Browse is. We picked up a take out order for the four of us.

Several points:

The portions are huge.

We each had a salad, which can be adorned with all sorts of outrageous toppings. It was more than enough for a meal.

We also each ordered a sandwich. Again, it was more than enough for a meal.

The price seemed reasonable. We added quite a bit of pop, and the bill was $72, but for that, we each literally could have enjoyed 2 or 2 1/2 meals each.

If you order anything with bacon (i.e. a BLT or bacon as a topping on your salad) be sure to bring plenty of Lipator. There must have been 10-12 slices, but what's not to love about that.

Seemed more than worth the trip...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael S. Contratto (BonaireTalker - Post #62) on Friday, February 18, 2011 - 4:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We ate at Elle's Deli last week also. It was good, but not great. On the other hand, upon the advise of a local we tried Deli Delicious downtown, and prefered that. Pasta salad there was especially good. Only drawback to the place is finding a parking spot!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian ******** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4877) on Saturday, February 19, 2011 - 2:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We had lunch there several times in October (Ellie's Deli), the Tuna baquettes were really nice and the Brights nice and cold. Service was always quick and nice not to have fries with everything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brenda (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1248) on Saturday, February 19, 2011 - 3:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Really enjoy Ellies Deli.

When you consider the quality of ingredients, freshness, and portion size, don't know how they do it for the prices they do!

They also have a small gourmet grocery section.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mosel (BonaireTalker - Post #19) on Saturday, February 19, 2011 - 11:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is Ellies the same place as the OP was talking about?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian ******** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4880) on Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 3:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bill I am sure that it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1535) on Sunday, February 20, 2011 - 10:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sort of...Eli Deli was the name last year. This year it's Elle's Deli. Different owners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thom Wright (BonaireTalker - Post #74) on Monday, February 21, 2011 - 1:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Apparently they (new owners?) have improved the place quite a bit since we were there in September 2010. I thought they compensated for their over-pricing by under-performing. I recall a sandwich on a roll or croissant with one slice of lunch meat, one slice of cheese, no mayo or sauce, for about $8.

I'm glad to hear things have changed.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. (Forgotten your password or username?)
Username:  
Password:

Please review the BonaireTalk Posting Policy before posting your message.
Watch our videos here

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration