BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Maikey Snack Wow!
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Maikey Snack Wow!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Matthew White (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #174) on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 12:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We went to Maikey Snack for lunch on this last trip and really enjoyed it. I received updated directions from our hosts due to the rain: take the road that has the sign and make the first left off of that road. The main road was swamped when we were there. Take that smaller road to where it meets up again with the main dirt road to Maikey Snack and make a left. Maikey Snack is on the right in less than a km. You will be rewarded with an awesome local meal at a great price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Stauber (BonaireTalker - Post #50) on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 10:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hard to find, but always worth the trip. We've never been disappointed - great local food

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1019) on Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 3:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looking forward to our first Maiky Shack visit. This will be our 4th trip and never made it. Murph is taking us, so we'll be sure to make it this year. 7 more sleeps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Remco van Reeuwijk (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 4:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's one of my favourite spots when on Bonaire. Try to visit on saturday so you will meet lots of locals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robyn Wallace (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 10:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We tried twice to find Miakey's while we were there last week and just could not find it! Wish we had your directions then.. oh well, maybe next time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2858) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 3:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

we just got back from maiky snack an hour ago. they are regrading the road at this time...amazing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1027) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 10:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What did you have at Maiky snack? Was it tasty? What was amazing? the regrading of the road or the food.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Matthew White (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #176) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 10:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I can't speak of the road grading; but, the food was really good. The "High Road" was a little gushey; but, passable with most anything in a mid gear role (not too fast and role through the muddy spots). We had the goat stew and the pan fried fish with creole sauce. The sides of Funchi, Fries, Plantain and Salad were delicious and we got stuffed. That with two cokes and a 20% tip came to about $25.00 for all. The people that run this place were very friendly and accommodating as is the usual on Bonaire. " I'll take the high road and you take the low road and I'll get to Maikey Snack before You". Ok! I now suggest that Maikey Snack serves Hams. I will stop!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ron wike (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 7:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Where are all the chinese food places located?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1571) on Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 7:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ron, almost every bario (neighborhood) has Chinese food, but it's not American style Chinese. It's "local" style Chinese, adapted for the tastes of Bonaireans. Good, but different than what you may expect. Welcome to BT. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lloyd H (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #650) on Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 7:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I frequented quite a few of the "local style chinese restaurants" .
I really enjoyed the variations , great food at incredible value when on a budget .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. (Forgotten your password or username?)
Username:  
Password:

Please review the BonaireTalk Posting Policy before posting your message.
Watch our videos here

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration