BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: What happened to?
Bonaire Talk: Dining: What happened to?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Kehnle (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #208) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 4:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We drove by Unbelievable last night (Saturday) anticipating a few pieces of key lime pie to go. The place looked closed. Are they? If so, it is a pity...

And I can't remember where they moved Cactus Blue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie................someoneisawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15579) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 4:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Unbelievable is closed on Saturday nights..

I believe that Cactus Blue is on the same road toward town, before Casablanca..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #416) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 5:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cactus Blue is across the road and 2 blocks toward town from Unbelievable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Kehnle (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #209) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 6:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, all. I guess I was surprised to discover that Unbelievable is closed on Saturday night. A nice meal and a great piece of pie are still available. Phew!

Is Cactus Blue also closed on Saturday. It sure was dark last evening. Hopefully so -- we all enjoy that one as well.

I checked Trip Advisor, and they noted (on a Dutch language web site) that THE #1 restaurant on the island is Norca's Deli over the drug store in town. I haven't seen that one on BT yet. What is the consensus?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #491) on Monday, February 14, 2011 - 8:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jeff, Norka's Deli Cafe is great. She offers wonderful salads, and she also does Venezuelan food as well as Indonesian rijstaffel (advance reservation necessary for this). She is open for "early dinner" but call to make a reservation first. She is also open for breakfast and lunch--I like to visit her for lunch, but parking is difficult on cruise ship days. Her phone for reservations is 717-4316.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Kehnle (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #210) on Monday, February 14, 2011 - 8:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Susan, we'll give it a shot...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bonnie C (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #138) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 9:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I agree that Norka's is great. I had fruit salad that was very good and my husband has nasi gorem that was also very good. The service was good and the space interesting. I consider it one of the best finds of this trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1026) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 10:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yum, I can almost taste Unbelievable key lime pie. We will also order several to go orders during our visit. The best!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4287) on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 11:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Norka will also make you complete meals including Ristaffel to go or she will do in home catering..UUMM UMM Good...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. (Forgotten your password or username?)
Username:  
Password:

Please review the BonaireTalk Posting Policy before posting your message.
Watch our videos here

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration