BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Can someone help me with name of resturant?
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Can someone help me with name of resturant?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Nicholls (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 12:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can someone help me with the name of a restaurant?
Just past a McDonald-like restaurant in center of town there is a place close to the waterfront - had a courtyard and a parrot. The chefs specialty was spaghetti carbonara. Within a block of the McDonald. Does anyone know the name?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #772) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 6:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Steve.

I think that you are talking about It Rains Fishes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie................someoneisawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15575) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 6:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

City Cafe used to have a Parrot.. not sure about the italian food though....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #503) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 8:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

you are probably thinking of the Zee Zicht....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2857) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 9:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

i'm still trying to figure out which one is the mcdonalds....another sign of the apocalypse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail T.*********** (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #5019) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 9:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I would think the McDonald's Type place to be What-a-burger, and the courtyard/parrot place to be City Cafe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #505) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 9:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

the "MacDonald" is probably Wattaburger adjoining the City Cafe...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathalie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #354) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 9:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Steve, I believe there used to be a fast food place on Kaya Grandi, just north of the town's main intersection, on the right if heading north. On the same side of the street, a bit further north, was Crocantino. Both restaurants have since closed. If Crocantino is not what you were thinking, try and provide a bit more location info, i.e., the sea shore road, or Kaya Grandi (one block in from water, parallel to sea shore road).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Nicholls (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 9:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for all the replies
It was Mcdonald-like - Burger Queen or something like that

There was an open courtyard area inside with all these plants all over
I was next to a big leafed plant

We came from Divi Flamingo walked towards town - pasted the burger place on right then within a block- along the road following the beach -came to the restaurant in question.
It was not an Italian themed (name) restaurant
Thanks again everyone for all your help!!
Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie................someoneisawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15576) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 11:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

well city cafe had the planted lush courtyard with the parrot but it would have been BEFORE Watta burger coming from the divi if you took the shore road....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #913) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 11:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hmm
How about the place that was in the block between Zee Zicht and La Guernica? Did they have a parrot?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #506) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 12:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

it is the Zee Zicht . they have parrots and court yards .. the parrots are moved around .. but they are there .. the place next door to the ZeeZicht is now the Paradise Moon and they have no parrots ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antoine Dodson (BonaireTalker - Post #83) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 2:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Coming from the Divi, if you pass What a burger , caddy-corner across the road is a restaurant with a courtyard. It did serve Italian but for the life of me I cant remember it. I think it changed hands at some point. I think Nathalie may be right. It is not Zee Zicht. Zee Zicht is before WattaBurger if walking from the Divi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4280) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 2:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It Rains Fishes used to have parrots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Nicholls (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 2:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The place must no longer be there - I have googled all the names everyone has mentioned.

As you walk form Divi along the road into town - on edge of town the road splits - one lane goes across island - the other road goes along ocean.
The burger place was located just past this split or Y in the road. then 1-2 blocks later along the ocean road - was the restaurant.
I know this is vague and things change as time goes on. But I wanted to thank all of you for your suggestions.
Thanks again
Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie................someoneisawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15577) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 3:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Steve, how long ago was this??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie................someoneisawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15578) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 4:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mona Lisa's???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #915) on Sunday, February 13, 2011 - 5:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I think that I have tracked it down. It must have been Coco,s on the site of what is now Paradise Moon.
How does that sound?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Nicholls (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Monday, February 14, 2011 - 9:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

HI Mickey
Thanks - I looked at the map - this looks like the location!!
I will go with it
Thanks everyone for all your help
It was 2005 when I was there last but it seems like yesterday.
Looks like the restaurant has changed hands as many do .
Thanks again to everyone
Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antoine Dodson (BonaireTalker - Post #86) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 9:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lost me then. Paradise Moon is north of town past Patagonia on the Harbor....I thought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie................someoneisawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15588) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 9:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

nope they moved to the shore road where Coco's was I think.... could be wrong about the name..between It Rains Fishes and Karels

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antoine Dodson (BonaireTalker - Post #87) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 10:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Aha! Shows you how much I travel north...or to town for that matter.

Thanks for the correction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Nicholls (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 - 7:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

One of my friends just go there this weekend. Sent him there to check it out. He tells me it is called CAPRICCIO.
Is the restaurant close to the location?
He even had the Carbonnara

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3454) on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 7:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well Steve what threw me on this one was the parrot clue. I have no recollection that Capriccio's EVER had a parrot. Now as far as the spaghetti Carbonara I've had it many times and can tell you that it was excellent (and will be dining there again very shortly).
Carbonara is a pasta favorite of mine! What's not to like with cheese, butter, egg & panchetta?
The "McDonalds like restaurant" is called WattaBurger.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. (Forgotten your password or username?)
Username:  
Password:

Please review the BonaireTalk Posting Policy before posting your message.
Watch our videos here

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration