BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Chibi Chibi and Calabas
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Chibi Chibi and Calabas
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #407) on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 1:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I failed to mention these 2 restaurants in my earlier report. We stayed at Divi and enjoyed 4 breakfasts at the Calabas. Not only a wonderful view but good breakfast made to order. For those arriving on the Red-eye flights this is good place for breakfast before your check in.

We had 3 dinners and 1 lunch at Chibi Chibi and each was very good. The view at night may be the best on the Island and if you sit upstairs you can watch the night divers in the water. For lunch we had the Caesar Salad with shrimp and it was delicious. We ate various fish dinners and all were well prepared and very tasty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6591) on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 3:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's what I get there ! The shrimp caesar salad!! It's fantastic (and with a side of fries...)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol (BonaireTalker - Post #77) on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 5:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We stay at the Plaza, but always look forward to a dinner at ChibiChibi! Their waitstaff is always so nice. A couple of years ago we celebrated a special anniversary. they had our table all decorated with flowers and ribbons. Very nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #411) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 11:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Another neat idea I witnessed while there. Chibi Chibi set up a formal dinner at the end of the stone pier for an anniversary dinner. It looked very elegant and is an alternative to Richards pier if it is already booked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By stuart slavin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #122) on Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 11:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great..where else did you eat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #390) on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 11:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Chibi Chibi doesn't get a lot of love on this board (it doesn't get bad press, it just gets none!), and i've always liked it, too. I LOVE the gazpacho...it is the perfect food for a hot climate. And the view is great, too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5017) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 7:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

And I love that warm goat cheese salad with the citrus vinaigrette. Also, what is wrong with that view???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3431) on Friday, February 4, 2011 - 6:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We also have MANY fond memories of meals at Chibi Chibi. I'm glad after all the years it's still there, unlike another personal favorite of years gone by. Dare I mention the name of..."The Green Parrot"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carol (BonaireTalker - Post #79) on Friday, February 4, 2011 - 7:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh yes, the warm goat cheese salad is great! A personal favorite, but now gone, was The Swiss Chalet. Those rostis....yum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1942) on Friday, February 4, 2011 - 3:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

i love the gazpacho soup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1020) on Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 3:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is the Chibi Chibi at the Divi?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3452) on Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 6:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

[Is the Chibi Chibi at the Divi?]

Indeed so. And it's been there for at least the last 25 years. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1021) on Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 12:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We stay next door and have been inside the Divi grounds. We'll have to check it out this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #415) on Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 4:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marge, you won't be disappointed with either the Chibi-Chibi or Calabas for Breakfast. We also enjoyed the pasta night as the pasta is cooked to order and is delicious.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1022) on Saturday, February 12, 2011 - 5:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yum, almost can smell it and the salt air and sea. 6 more sleeps then Houston Red eye here we come.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. (Forgotten your password or username?)
Username:  
Password:

Please review the BonaireTalk Posting Policy before posting your message.
Watch our videos here

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration