BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Restaurants Within Walking Distance from Belmar
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Restaurants Within Walking Distance from Belmar
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DiveSergeant (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 4:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi All,

It looks like we'll be visiting Bonaire for the first time in early 2012, and probably will stay at Belmar due to an excellent recommendation from a friend.

Are there many / any good restaurants close enough to walk to? We're not looking for fancy, just decent food. Burgers, steak, pasta, fish, etc are all fine.

Many thanks,
DS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KOB (LBR32) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #424) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 5:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The restaurant at Belmar itself is quite good, but you'll need a car/truck to get to the favorite restaurants near town. Enjoy your visit !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anouk (BonaireTalker - Post #18) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 5:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There is no restaurant at Belmar. There is a hotel across the street called Roomer that has a restaurant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KOB (LBR32) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #425) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 5:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anouk -- you, of course, are correct. I just always associate the two without thinking ;-<

Thanks for keeping me honest !!

(Message edited by kob159014 on January 31, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DiveSergeant (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 6:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi,

We tried to check the Roomer menu online but either it isn't very extensive or they just had a small portion of it pictured online. I'm hoping for the latter.

Anyway, it looks like we'll be driving then. Even if the Roomer restaurant is great, one can only eat there so many times...

Thanks for the help,
DS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3423) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 7:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

DiveSergeant..Take my advice on this one..Belmar is a great place to stay, but you do need transportation to access the great eating establishments on Bonaire. Do yourself a favor and be sure to rent yourself a truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DiveSergeant (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 8:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Roger that! We'll definitely do one of the packages that come with a truck. We'll want the wheels for shore diving anyway!

Thanks,
DS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Kehnle (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #193) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 8:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey, DiveSergeant : I'll jump in with a recommendation for renting a vehicle as well. Next week will mark our 15th trip to the island, and we always rent. A vehicle enables you to enjoy it so much more. And it isn't just the restaurants, which is reason enough -- there is the shore diving, and the multitude of snorkeling sites, and the beautiful drive by the salt works and over to the windward side of the island all, and, as Brother Dave Gardner used to say, "...I don't know whatall!"

Oh, and welcome to BT...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DiveSergeant (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 10:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Jeff,

We are getting all fired up to get to Bonaire early 2012, and we still have 9 weeks before our Cayman trip this spring. Wish we had more vacation time!

Looks like it is unanimous; we gotta rent a vehicle!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6609) on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 - 10:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

You'll love Belmar!! I love it, too! I'm going to try Roomers this time for breakfast. I've been there before, it's a cute little place.

Jeff, when are you leaving? I forget. Did you get any of the ice last night? We sure did! What a mess this morning. Cannot WAIT to get on that plane!

Anouk, I sent you a private message. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By robert johnson (BonaireTalker - Post #18) on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 - 3:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What time does the restaurant open for breakfast?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Kehnle (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #197) on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 - 5:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kelly -- We leave a week from Friday out of Cleveland Hopkins bound for Houston to catch the red-eye.

Although all Medina County schools were closed today, it really wasn't bad this morning. Now they're saying tonight isn't going to be that bad, either. If so, for us, the whole megillah was a tempest in a teapot!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. (Forgotten your password or username?)
Username:  
Password:

Please review the BonaireTalk Posting Policy before posting your message.
Watch our videos here

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration