BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Super Bowl Sunday Feb.6
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Super Bowl Sunday Feb.6
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jennifer Munn (BonaireTalker - Post #45) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 3:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Where would be the best place to go watch the game? Or at least the commercials :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #988) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 4:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

TIVO if you're on Bonaire and watch when you get home. At least, that's what I told my husband the day we landed in Hawaii a few years ago. I couldn't believed he sat inside the hotel lounge and watched that game while I laid in the sand and enjoyed the sun and the ocean. Dive now and watch later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #651) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 4:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It starts at 6:30 PM EST, so if you're willing to skip the full afternoon of hype, you can still get 4 dives in that day w/o much problem...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jennifer Munn (BonaireTalker - Post #46) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 4:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's my plan---nothing comes before diving when I am on Bonaire. But there are 8 of us going and I thought after our day of diving it would be fun to hang out and watch the game----just don't know where to watch it, so any help with that would be much appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pietri Hausmann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #492) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 5:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

so since bonaire is on Atlantic standard time the game would begin here at 7:30 pm. the Superbowl is really not known here and interest low ..try at your resort, hotel room cable TV or at American oriented restaurant/bars ... the paradise moon comes to mind and i am sure it will be on as it is the "american resident turned local"hangout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2838) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 5:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

marge, it'll be dark on bonaire by the time the game starts. we plan on watching either at our house or sandy's....or better yet at a bar with a bunch of people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #989) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 8:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Duh! I forgot about the time. It was middle of the day on Hawaii. Thanks. Duh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Jim Mc **-- But you can all me Link (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4987) on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 11:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marge, we still love ya. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #993) on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 3:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Jim Mc :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lizard0924 (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #471) on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 4:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The playoff games were shown at Rum Runners last weekend. I imagine they will be showing the Superbowl there, too. And, depending on if you have cable at the place you're staying, you might get the game at your place. I watched the NFC championship game on Flamingo TV this past Sunday from my comfy Bonairean couch. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jennifer Munn (BonaireTalker - Post #47) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 1:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks----I guess we will be going to rum runners!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eddy Carrillo (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 3:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here at Eddy's Bar & Restaurant, we will have a large beamer set up,
snacks and happy hour prices for the super bowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Schamp (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #653) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 3:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Where exactly IS Eddys B&R on Bonaire?
I don't recall...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric author of "Why is the Grass Green?" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1564) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 4:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jerry, we need another map please! No plane crashes this time though!

e.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eddy Carrillo (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 4:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Eddy's is located next to the entrance of the sand dollar resort, big green building, :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #350) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 4:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It is "the" place to have breakfast, if you are staying at the Sand$ or Den Laman. The public entrance is off the main road just past the Sand$ entrance when coming from downtown, the resort entrance is from the pool.....A fun place to hang out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #998) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 4:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Breakfast, eh. I'm looking for a good breakfast place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2843) on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 5:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

marge, you don't mean breakfast on the day you arrive, do you? that's already taken care of. can't wait.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1012) on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 9:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No way. Wouldn't miss Mary's breakfast special. Hopefully, you told her we're coming. Ha! ha!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2844) on Monday, January 31, 2011 - 10:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

i'll be sure to tell her before you arrive. maybe that morning..."hey mary, get up. we have company coming in about 20 minutes...smile".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob RE/MAX Bonaire www.bonairehomes.com (BonaireTalker - Post #72) on Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 6:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Paradise Moon will be having a Super Bowl party on Sunday, they start at 5pm.

They will have a special bar menu featuring some of your football snack favorites such as Buffalo Wings, Nachos, and Mozzarella Sticks, in addition to their regular bar menu.

They will also have $3 Margaritas all night and some surprise specials as the night goes on. They will also offer their regular dinner menu starting at 6pm.

Paradise Moon is located on the waterfront between Little Havana and Zee Zicht

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. (Forgotten your password or username?)
Username:  
Password:

Please review the BonaireTalk Posting Policy before posting your message.
Watch our videos here

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration