BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Bonaire Grille
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Bonaire Grille
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hargrove (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 5:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Discovered excellent BBQ at a very reasonable price. After 18 visits to Bonaire we were delighted to find Michael at the Bonaire Grille, who operates from a trailer parked in the Post Office parking lot. He has great chicken or ribs and serves them with barbeque or peanut sauce, a small salad and lots of fries. Best value we have found so far. Take away only. Opens around 7:00.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mellen (BonaireTalker - Post #30) on Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 10:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What days please. I'm thinking 7:00 means in the evening? We will be there soon and always looking for good, local food. peace. mellen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #981) on Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 4:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds great. Now, where is the post office? Duh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2352) on Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 11:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marge, the lot acoss the street from Casablanca is vacant. The grill setts up at 7pm for business. Very good food! The guy that runs the place used to cook for Ribs Factory. 1/2 slab is the same cost at Ribs Factory, but no view!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4252) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 8:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Had ribs last week for the first time. It was well worth the money and sure beats cooking myself. No idea why I waited so long to try them..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie................someoneisawizeass (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15501) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 9:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

pssssssssssst Michael.... that is another one of our Christian secrets :)
Luv ya :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #984) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 10:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Ron. Across from Casablanca. We'll have to try them out this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2840) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 6:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

marge, the post office is near TCB across from the willeminaplein parking lot. walking distance from carib inn....and obviously not the same lot as across from casablanca. we'll show you if you'd like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2353) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 6:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Show me too Pat! I only been eating there for 3 years!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mellen (BonaireTalker - Post #33) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 7:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Okay, now I'm really confused as to location of this "truck"! Help please. peace. mellen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1478) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 7:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael parks his grill truck in the lot that's diagonally north-east across from Casablanca. It's parked there only when he's open at night, otherwise the lot is empty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #335) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 8:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just drive around in a stuper...

(Message edited by modjerry on January 26, 2011)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mellen (BonaireTalker - Post #34) on Monday, January 24, 2011 - 8:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow!!! Ask, and look what is given----thanks so much!!! peace. mellen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2841) on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 7:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

thanks jerry...although i admit i thought you were drawing a picture of an airplane.

and i confused casablanca with patagonia. i thought we were discussing two different locations to look for the truck. sorry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric author of "Why is the Grass Green?" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1556) on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 3:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL, it looks like you illustrated the location with the last mile of a plane crash. "Where's the restaurant?" "Just look for the smoking hole."

(But kudos for going to the trouble. Maybe you need to be the new virtual tour guide!)

e.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #30590) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 11:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

e. BM:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric author of "Why is the Grass Green?" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1559) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 2:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

BM???

e.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #30598) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 2:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

m

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric author of "Why is the Grass Green?" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1560) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 2:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Aaaaaahahahahahaha... no.

e.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6598) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 2:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

haaaaa !! I had to go back and look and good lord it DOES look like a plane crash, Jerry! lol!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric author of "Why is the Grass Green?" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1561) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 2:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oooohhhhh, be careful. He will request "favors!"

e.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #30601) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 2:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

j

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric author of "Why is the Grass Green?" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1563) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 2:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL, it appears the EPA went in and erased all signs of the incident. (Except they appear to have damaged Alberto F. Croes Street) Must have been aliens!

e.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #999) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 4:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LMAO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2842) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 6:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

marge, i promise not to confuse patagonia and casablanca ever,ever again....until the next time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1003) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 6:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We need to try this grill. Wanna?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric author of "Why is the Grass Green?" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1566) on Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 10:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Foul! Jerry took down his "plane crash" graphic. It's what made this thread so great. Instead he replaced it with a misspelled word. Foul!

(You know I love you, right Jerry?)

e.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Gillan (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #422) on Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 4:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bonaire Grill is just amazing. The pica pica sauce is really good and the garlic dressing is the best I've had. Michael serves the "divine justice" (as translated from Michael the archangel's trumpet) that is clearly a great deal. Ribs, chicken, sometimes sate'... there is nothing like it here in Florida.

Michael G, what took you so long?

Bud

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B.~ Jersey Gal(*) (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12996) on Thursday, February 17, 2011 - 9:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have tried the Bonaire Grill this trip. Darn tasty ribs!!! Meaty and tender, can't believe I never tried it before, priced right, now my favorite ribs on island. Also gave the chicken a try, also quite good. Really nice guy who operates it too. And I meet the most nicest folks there when picking up my order. ribs, fries salad and side of peanut sauce for $8, excellent deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1500) on Friday, February 18, 2011 - 7:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I second that recommendation ... great!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jes S. (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Friday, April 29, 2011 - 8:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry to re-hash an old thread bus is Bonaire Grill still active? I've looked around the last few nights for the truck in and around the stadium but all I found were empty lots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4361) on Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 8:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have not seen him either...will check it out...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jes S. (BonaireTalker - Post #20) on Sunday, May 1, 2011 - 7:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks MIchael,
Let me know.. would love to have a taste before I leave on Thursday.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. (Forgotten your password or username?)
Username:  
Password:

Please review the BonaireTalk Posting Policy before posting your message.
Watch our videos here

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration