BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Best for lunch?
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Best for lunch?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Golden (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 9:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have friends who are going on a cruise in March and have one day in Bonaire. They want a recommendation for lunch. When we are in Bonaire, we never have lunch in town, only dinner. Was going to recommend It Rains Fishes, but they emailed me that they are not open for lunch anymore and will be opening another restaurant across the street from Cultimara that will serve breakfast & lunch. So....what's a good spot for lunch in town "on the water?" PS. I'm trying to keep them away from Lac Bay because it's crowded enough and the cruisers tend to get in the way of the windsurfers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3410) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 7:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Why don't you try one of the seaside resorts? Capt. Don's comes to mind. Nice seaside terrace overlooking the water and the food is great. If they don't have a car, they will however need to take a taxi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6585) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 9:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I was thinking of the Divi restaurant, Chibi Chibi. It would be within walking distance and it's a lovely walk by the ocean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4249) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 10:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Try Norka's upstairs over the Botika (drug store on kaya grandi) Great Food!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1469) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 11:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Paradise Moon is open for lunch on cruise ship days-next to Karel's Bar/Zeezicht (where Coco's used to be)--seating is under palms, overlooking water. Easy walk from pier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6587) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 11:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ruth, is Paradise Moon where you go Friday nights? If so I'm going to join you when I'm there next month.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Connie (Port Bonaire) (BonaireTalker - Post #18) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 11:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Assuming they want something in walking distance...perhaps Plazita Limena, right downtown. Nice thatchroof open air dining on the backside of the restaurant. Good Peruvian style food. I second Chibi Chibi at Divi Flamingo for another easy place to get to, and here you have a nice seaside table where you can watch the fish swim up looking for handouts. Menu selections are not as diverse as Rum Runners at Capt. Don's which is always good, but a taxi ride away as Vince says. Back to Chibi Chibi - the Chicken Satay is good, a daily fish special is good, and they have a really good burger. If they want to sit inside and have airco and a more formal lunch, then Capriccio comes to mind. If they are willing to take a short taxi ride and are just looking for really good food, then in addition to Rum Runners another good choice is Bistro de Paris. The setting is roadside bistro, not seaside, but a great lunch awaits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1471) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 12:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yup Kelly--it's the American resident's Friday night hang-out (I refuse to call myself an 'ex-pat').

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5372) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 1:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Did Paradise Moon move since last year? We took the kids there last year for fajita night, but it was down by Harbour Village...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1473) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 1:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, other Ruth...Paradise Moon is no longer at Harbor Village--since November 2010 they are downtown, on the water, between Karel's/Zeezicht & Havana/Guernica. When I post sunset pix on FB from happy hour, that's where I am, and what I'm seeing. Their name on FB is: Paradise Moon Bar-Restaurant

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Golden (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 1:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you all for these wonderful suggestions. I forgot about Chibi Chibi, we always try to eat dinner there when we visit and love the food & the view. And we'll have to try Paradise Moon ourselves when we return to Bonaire this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Deb Gunther (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 - 5:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ditto on Norca's upstairs over the Botika. It's an overlooked gem, it feels like you're in an exotic locale. Note that it doesn't have a seaside view.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4255) on Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 11:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

She also make a great Ristaffel to order and will arrange for hotel or home delivery

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6600) on Thursday, January 27, 2011 - 11:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

How would you rate it next to Warung Louise's? I loved that ristaffel!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. (Forgotten your password or username?)
Username:  
Password:

Please review the BonaireTalk Posting Policy before posting your message.
Watch our videos here

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration