BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Fish tacos
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Fish tacos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #974) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 6:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Where can we get reasonably priced fish tacos. Had them in Houston last month and loved them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RObert Carter (BonaireTalker - Post #47) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 6:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I make my own. I use Tiapla or Salmon. If you want a directions on how to do just give me an e-mailU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #975) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 8:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'll bite. I would love a recipe. No salmon though. Please share. margeka@comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #950) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 3:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

please post the recipe here

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RObert Carter (BonaireTalker - Post #48) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 11:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will tomorrow. I got to teach today and last night was parent teacher conference. My brain is fired.
Robert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #977) on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 11:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great, I'm looking forward to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RObert Carter (BonaireTalker - Post #49) on Saturday, January 22, 2011 - 4:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Okay here is my fish tacos. I will use almost any fish from Salmon to Tialpia or snapper.

Fish Tacos:
2 fillets of Tialpia or other fish (halibut)
Minced Garlic
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon aniseed
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Olive Oil for cooking (or any other oil)
tortillas ( I perfer corn)
Cabbage shredded (Red is my favorite)

Herbs and spices and sprinkle on the fish.
Fry the fish in a hot pan with the olive oil until the fish is browning. Crumble the fish and spread accross the tortillas. Spread cabbage ontop. I use a mango salsa over the tacos.
Mango salsa:
1 mango diced
1 jicama diced
1 red onion diced
2-3 garlic cloves diced
lime juice
Mix all together and put ontop of tacos.

I hope this helps I takes about 30 minutes or so to make. As a teacher I love this recipe becuase it is simple and helps ease out of looooong week. It also makes a great dish after diving (I have done this on Bonaire as well)

Robert

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #982) on Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 4:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Robert, for sharing your recipe. Sounds delish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4182) on Sunday, January 30, 2011 - 2:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Fish Tacos

I use Mahi Mahi or any sustainable white fish marinated in lime and Penzey's Ancho Chile powder and EVOO

Sauce: Same chili powder, lime, mayo and sour cream

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here. (Forgotten your password or username?)
Username:  
Password:

Please review the BonaireTalk Posting Policy before posting your message.
Watch our videos here

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration