BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: New Location for Paradise Moon
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2010: Archives 04-01-10 to 12-21-10: New Location for Paradise Moon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob - RE/MAX Bonaire - bonairehomes.com (BonaireTalker - Post #55) on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 7:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Paradise Moon has moved to a new downtown location. They will be located right on the waterfront between Zee Zicht and La Guernica in the space that used to be Coco's a few years ago.

Pam and Carl and Amy are working hard to fix up the space to be ready to serve guests in their trademark Paradise Moon style. They expect to be open in early November.

Get ready to have your favorite Paradise Moon cocktails and food right in the heart of downtown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #243) on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 10:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I wish them every success.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3288) on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 1:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds good to me; just as long as they continue to serve their rack of ribs! Good luck Pam, Carl & Amy! Can't wait to check them out at the new location this winter. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Truesdell(Bellafonte condos) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #118) on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 8:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be there 3rd week in Nov. hope to see them then. Carl makes a mean fish taco,but have not tried the ribs. Usually wait to get home to eat bbq. but may have to try them after Turkey Day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Johnson, Massage Hut-Sorobon Beach (BonaireTalker - Post #64) on Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 2:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looking forward to Walking Sticks and Fajita Salad!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #935) on Tuesday, November 2, 2010 - 12:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looking forward to trying them out in February, because of all the rave reviews here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Molk (BonaireTalker - Post #27) on Tuesday, November 9, 2010 - 12:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Add me to the list of devotees of Paradise Moon. My son and daughter ate there three times during their week, and of course pushed us to go.
We were welcomed with big smiles and shown to a table for four (we were only two) with a view of the water and sunset.
The winds kept us cool, and the mossies were few and slow.
I began with a Captain's Plank cocktail which was delicious if a bit sweet, but that is my wife's favorite way. We sampled the walking sticks after hearing so much about them, and they are unique, and wonderful. They are about 6 to 8 inches long, crispy outside and rolled tight around cream cheese and bacon, maybe more inside, and served standing up in a glass of pepper sauce, sweet with a bite.
Despite their hot temperature to begin, you can't slow down. My wife dropped a small piece into the sauce and I tried to spear it before she could so I could have a little extra. That good!
Then, with the recommendation of our hostess, we had the pulled pork tacos and the dorado with poblano sauce.
The tacos were delicately fried until crispy outside, but the pork flavor shown through at each crunchy bite. This came with refritos (refried beans) and a lovely rice cooked with cinnamon, of all things. The beans were great, and I got them all since my better half doesn't like beans. Her fish came with a mild green pepper sauce (poblano pepper) on a grilled hefty slice of firm but tender fish, cooked perfectly and fork tender. I got all of her black beans, fortunately for me. She ate the tomato relish, and praised it highly.
Ah, dessert. Some were missing due to non arrival of containers from the ships that couldn't come in the hurricane, but the molten chocolate cake drenched in chocolate raspberry sauce (new to me) with a soft flowing liquid warm chocolate center encased in dense flourless dark chocolate cake was fantastic. Not to be too low in calories, it was delivered with a spoon of homemade chocolate ice cream. Since we were a bit full, I only ordered a small serving of just the chocolate ice cream, but what is considered small in Texas is huge on Bonaire.
I had no trouble hogging it all down.
Really, this was all wonderful food, and we will be back for more this week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3303) on Tuesday, November 9, 2010 - 12:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Que hambre tengo!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob - RE/MAX Bonaire - bonairehomes.com (BonaireTalker - Post #63) on Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 12:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Paradise Moon is now open for Happy Hour, drinks and dinner at their new location downtown on the ocean. It is a great place for to have a drink and watch the sunset, or have appetizers, or dinner, or dessert (try Carl's Sizzling Apple Pie) or all of the above. Great food in a fabulous location!
Here are some of my favs that are often overlooked, but which are also VERY good: Stuffed Ranch Chicken, Stacked Steak, Fish Tacos and the Fajita Salad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann-Margaret Johnston (BonaireTalker - Post #56) on Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 8:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Walking sticks are the best! We will be there....just arrived yesterday!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration