BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Unbelievable
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2009: Archives - 2009-01-01 to 2009-06-30: Unbelievable
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RALPH KIRA (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 12:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Unbelievable are they open for lunch and what are their prices like?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Diane and Bea (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #381) on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 12:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

what restaurant ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Duchan (BonaireTalker - Post #72) on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 1:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Ralph,

We went there twice for dinner (it was that good) and the prices were very reasonable considering the portions were large. I am not sure if they are open for lunch. It is a beautiful restaurant with excellent fresh fish and great service. I would recommend Unbelievable to everyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Diane and Bea (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #382) on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 1:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh gosh, that is the name of the restaurant ?? Geeez that just shows that we need to go to the island.. It has been so long :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara "CB" Gibson* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3379) on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 1:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

D&B.....who's on first???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. ~ Jersey Gal(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9626) on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 1:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Not serving lunch when I was on island last week, but dinner was great! :-) Try the seafood mixed grill, wahoo, scallops, shrimp, veggies and side dish of your choice. $24 US.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Diane and Bea (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #383) on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 1:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Barb that just shows that we need to go ! November could not be any sooner !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs - is on Bonaire!!! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8751) on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 8:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm with Debbie (literally was with her there for dinner one night) and agree completely! It is very good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris (BonaireTalker - Post #36) on Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 11:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am with the above posts, very good food (we had the steak and shrimp main dishes)large portions , reasonably priced,very good service and sitting on the balcony overlooking the water was nice (it is not ocean front)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1287) on Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 1:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

May I add my compliments to the decore as well?
The beautiful hand blown blue glass fixtures and etched glass screen downstairs by the bar was exquisit, as well as the food.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs - is on Bonaire!!! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8761) on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 5:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I loved the bathroom! LOL! The signs were just too much. Yes, Lorraine, I have to agree with you that the decor is spectacular!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Rogers (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 7:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I had the lamb chops and they were very good. My wife had the mixed seafood grill and it had large shrimp, scallops, squid and fish and was also good. Sitting on the roof/patio allows for a nice breeze and great atmosphere. The service was by far the best we had on the island. I took a few drinks from my water and they had it refilled with a smile the whole time. Here is a link to a photo during dinner:

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/rogerjasonjx/Bonaire%2009/Bonaire%2009%20land/?action=view&current=DSC01208.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Tarnowski (BonaireTalker - Post #54) on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 8:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Please remind me of the location of Unbelievable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris (BonaireTalker - Post #39) on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 9:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

J.A.Abraham Blvd. #29 . Tom you will love it, huge plates, good variety, good service and not expensive.
And thanks for taking the items for my daughter to Bonaire, maybe next year we'll have dinner at Unbelievable!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1982) on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 9:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, Your on the seaside road (cha cha beach) by the old Dive Inn. follow the road south(by the Divi)untill it turns to the east. Look across the street, and that is Unbelievable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Tarnowski (BonaireTalker - Post #55) on Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 5:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Chris and Ron, sounds like it is near or at the former location oof the Old Inn.

Care package will soon be on its way to your daughter!

-Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Jolly (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1450) on Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 6:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Have to wait until October to eat there again. It was fantastic when I ate there shortly after it opened.

Bonaire has so many great eating places and I am not sure I could make the complete rounds even if on the island full time. But would love to try that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1983) on Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 8:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tom, NO, the old end is way south of Unbelievable! The seaside road that Dive Inn is on, follow that road south, before the Divi the road turns east. Make the turn in the road, and at the corner look across the street at Unbelievable!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Adams (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, July 5, 2009 - 3:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We ate there twice this week. Tied with bobbajeans (sp?) bbq for best food we have found on the island so far and top for best overall restaurant. Been to Bonaire four times and this was a very nice surprise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Eiceman (BonaireTalker - Post #68) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 9:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Greg,

I'm on island and agree with you. Unbelievable has taken over #1 spot on my island dining list.
Bobbejan moves to #2.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tammy Young (BonaireTalker - Post #31) on Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 12:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Unbelievable is not recommended by us group due to rude service given us.

We were in Bonaire for two weeks. The first week we had a group of 13 divers. We planned reservations for a group of our 13 persons for dinner. We had appetizers, main course, desert, etc. Gave them lots of good business income that night. During the week some of the group went back for other meals and given comments about coming there for just a dessert or appetizer.

The following second week, we had 7 divers in our group. One evening, a couple went to Unbelievables for dinner. We had a very late lunch, but told our friends that we would meet up with them after an evening night dive for appetizers and desert. When we arrived and met our friends, we ordered two appetizers. The waiter was quite rude as he asked me if that was all? Caught by surprise by what he meant... I commented well for now, that we'll probably have dessert. So, after US $68.00 later (2 appetizers and 2 desserts, a drink and a coffee) we were "told" that if we don't order dinner we would have to sit at the bar the next time. It wasn't that they were busy, and as we joined a couple that had dinner and all, so we were quite disappointed with that comment. As the service charge (tip) is automatically added to the bill, you have no choice on correcting this amount due to service you get.

Our summary is the food is expensive and service attitude was rude. We will not bring our groups back there to eat again. They are at the bottom of our Bonaire Restaurant list. Roemers Restaurant, Wills Grill, It Rains Fishes, Casa Blanca, City Cafe, etc. offer excellent service and food.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Tink* (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #315) on Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 1:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tammy, too bad. Large groups are a challenge for any restaurant.

On the apps, desert, drinks in the main restaurant. There are quite a few restaurants locally where I live, and if you are just going to have apps, desert, drink, you can't get a table in the main restaurant (regardless of how busy they are) you have to go to the bar. Not sure why some establishments are so strict when there are open tables...Glad you did have some good dinners there however.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3758) on Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 2:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

If I am not mistaken, restaurants make more money on deserts and appetizers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Eiceman (BonaireTalker - Post #69) on Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 4:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We eat out at least three times a week and have been since retiring seven years ago. Therefore, we consider ourselves professional "eater outers". IMHO - We are diversified diners so on Bon we love Bobbejan, Richards, Patagonia and best of all Unbelievable. Do we order $9 salads and $9 slices of choc. cake? NO! Is $19 a fair price for same day caught Wahoo? Absolutely!
And just to be even more argumentative, none of the places mentioned on Tammy's thread has gotten a second visit from us. Thank Heavens we're all different. Sure would be boring otherwise.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration