BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Donna & Giorgio's
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2009: Archives - 2009-01-01 to 2009-06-30: Donna & Giorgio's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pegi is ENGAGED on BONAIRE!!!!!) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9578) on Saturday, May 9, 2009 - 10:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

This has always been my favorite restaurant on Bonaire. I hardly ever see anyone mention it anymore....WELL, they are still there!!!

I've always loved the ambience and the food is UNREAL!!!

Last nite was my Birthday dinner, of course George made reservations 2 weeks ago for this. We got there and Donna was her usual wonderful host self. I just love her!!!!! She went out of her way to make this nite as special as George had wanted!!! I was just happy to be THERE!!!:-)

There was live music, that I can only compare to "Sade"....it was so romantic. The music was so relaxing and beautiful.

We had Filets, which I will only eat at THIS restaurant because they are so fabulous and tender...and the pasta that comes with this meal is just unreal!!!:-)

Then we had finished dinner, had a nice cognac...then here come's a CAKE OF TIRAMISU!!!! Yes, a whole cake, and they make the best tiramisu I've ever had!!! The band was singing "Happy Birthday", the other patrons were singing "Happy Birthday"...it was so wonderful!!!!

THEN, G give's me a rose. It wasn't a real rose, but it was pretty. Then I noticed the hinge on the side of the rose. I opened it about 1/8th of an inch and saw sparkling beauty!!!! I handed it to George, I was already crying!! Everyone was watching!!!! G finally opened the rose to pull out the most gorgeous ring, made by Rick at Jewel of Bonaire!!!! He got down on one knee and asked me to MARRY HIM!!!!!!! I couldn't stop crying!! Everyone in the restaurant was such a part of this!!! It was wonderful!!!!!

Donna so went out of her way to make this nite as special as she could. I could not ask for anything more!!! THANK YOU DONNA!!!!!:-)

So, if you are looking for a place for a romantic quiet beautiful dinner, I so advise you to go to Donna & Giorgio's!!!! It is just a fabulous place!!!!!:-)

They are located on the waterfront road, just before the Dive Inn, and before the curve in the road at the Divi.

I will guarantee you will be happy with your choice...for food, atmosphere, elegance...It's all there!!!!!!!:-)

BTW, I said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ****Tink*** (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #169) on Saturday, May 9, 2009 - 1:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

PS, wow, how absolutely wonderful! I have chills:-) G did good:-) A night to remember, and the best part is, it happened on Bonaire:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By silvia taurer (BonaireTalker - Post #88) on Saturday, May 9, 2009 - 1:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

PegiSue,

wonderful story and it is for real! Congratulations to your engagement! and a happy belated birthday! Am very happy to read it - what a great thread! Best wishes from Holland.
Silvie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy *** 12 hrs!!!cya at Lac Bay TOMORROW (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2992) on Saturday, May 9, 2009 - 3:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Awwwwwww you got me leaking again, but I'm hiding it well as helga is napping on the desk next to me, I'm going to try and arrange a romantic meal at D & G as a late celebration of our Silver wedding Anniversary..... but Shhhhhhh!! I'll make sure MBH doesn't see this thread :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KIV ~ Kobi in Virginia (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #11866) on Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 7:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am so happy for you both, PegiSue!!!!
George is a wonderful man and I know that you two love each other dearly. I can see it :-)

Roy, you will LOVE the restaurant. What a great place to have your belated celebration. See you soon.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pegi is ENGAGED on BONAIRE!!!!!) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9592) on Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 1:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Everyone!!:-)

But I must give credit where credit is do...George, of course....
AND DONNA!!!! She's just marvelous!!!:-)
The food is fantastic and the whole experience is FABULOUS!!!!:-):-):-)

Thanks Donna!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6041) on Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 8:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Someone sounds happy.... congrats to you both ! This just made my day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairebliss.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3719) on Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 8:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well, I arrived on island to a dead car with a flat. I was wondering who could possibly help me on a Sunday. My property manager was playing tennis and my mechanic did not answer his phone. Suddenly an AB truck pulled up and a man came a knocking...he introduced himself as the famous George of Pegi Sue and George. He had read about my plight on Facebook and PG and Kobster sent him over. Within 10 min he had the situation fixed and under control. What can I say? That Geo is a keeper and I bless this blissful love, Pegi Sue. Thanks for sharing PS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yo MO - It's TIME!!! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4845) on Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 9:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - and that's what I LOVE about BT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. ~ Jersey Gal (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9398) on Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 9:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Way to go, George! :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michelle K.Melillo (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #119) on Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 10:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That is an awesome fairy tale story PegiSue...What a romantic, unforgetable engagement....enjoy the remainder of your stay on Bon' !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail T.*********** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3931) on Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 10:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This story of Ann's should not be hidden under "dining"!

It should be 'shouted' from all other things Bonaire! What a wonderful tribute this community is, for so many far and near!

(And George IS a sweet heart! )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Freddie* (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #11921) on Monday, May 11, 2009 - 5:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

A FLAT????? it didn't have a flat the night before!!!!!!!!! it didn't start but there was no flat!~!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2649) on Monday, May 11, 2009 - 3:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

glad I caught this one! CONGRATULATIONS PEGGI SUE AND GEORGE!!!! How romantic!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pegi is ENGAGED on BONAIRE!!!!!) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9608) on Monday, May 11, 2009 - 4:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie, we checked it and your fingerprints were everywhere on that valve stem!!!! YOU FLaTTENED it I know!!!!!LOL

G got Ann up and running in no time, once again....IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!!!!

OK, I wanna see some trip reports talking about the wonderful dinners yall are having at Donna & Giorgio's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-)

It's romantic, the food is fabulous, just a wonderful nite!!!!!!!!!!!!:-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould*** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1940) on Monday, May 11, 2009 - 8:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Last Oct we made resevations at Donna & Giorgio's. Arrived at 7:20 for 7:30 resevation. Got seated at 8pm. Thats OK, we are on Island time for 2wks. waited 20min for a waitress, she took our order, and 45min later the meal was served. Diane had fish, and I had shrimp. Both meal were cold, and it took 15min to get a waitress to come to our table. I asked to see the manager, and Donna came to talk with us. I explained our problem, and she told me that all of her help had called off sick at the same time, and she was sorry. She asked if we would like something else, and we declined. I paid our bill and we left! Everybody can have a bad day! We will try them again next week, but 2 strikes and your out in the restauant game as far as we are concerned... Ron

(Message edited by ronindiana on May 11, 2009)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2184) on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 5:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think the best home made pasta on the island is at Capriccio's. But to each his own as they say.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Cieremans (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 8:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Congratulations,
Donna and Giorgio are so nice and they always do there best to make every body happy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Cieremans (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 8:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello Ron,

Please tell me when you want dinner at donna,
I will make the reservation for you and make sure you have a wonderfull time.
I know donna for a long time already and every body on bonaire has the same problem once in a while.
So do I at the office.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judy Workman (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #158) on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 12:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We LOVE Donna & Giorgio's! A "must" at least 3 times when we're there over two weeks. Sometimes the service is slow but the food is wonderful and the staff is great. My absolute favorite is the penne pasta gorgonzola with pineapple! It's such a refreshing combination of flavors. Ron loves the pasta bolognese (loaded with meat). Donna is such a sweet lady; very welcoming and always seems to remember us. She's probably wondering why we aren't there this week! (Wish we were--we went earlier this year). Will miss seeing you Ron & Diane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #842) on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 9:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

ps
how romantic. george u dida great job. had tears in my eyes.
ladies that was real nice of u to help ann and
george so nice of u to help ann
es

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairebliss.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3725) on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 8:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Elaine, that Geo is a keeper. Freddie, nothing you can do...it must have happened overnight. It was not a dead flat but one indicating a slow leak. Mercury is retrograde so anything is bound to happen. The RAV is running great now and the tire is fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Bell (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 11:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

One of the best restaurants on Bonaire. Ate there twice in one week on our last trip.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration