BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Warung Louise lately?
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2009: Archives - 2009-01-01 to 2009-06-30: Warung Louise lately?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael S. Contratto (BonaireTalker - Post #37) on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 3:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There haven't been any discussions on this place in a while (at least that I've found). Is it still good? The rijsstafel sounds interesting. Anyone try it lately? Is it only available at dinner time? We love the satay at Bobbie Jan's---how does Warung Louise's compare? Any "must try" dishes here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nick (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 4:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Michael-
We at at Warung Louise the last 2 years and have found the food excellent. We did the rijsstafel both times and really enjoyed it. Have not been to Bobbie Jan's so I'm afraid I cannot comment on comparision.

Nick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5983) on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 5:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael, I was there last August and had the rijsstafel and it was amazing ! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo Irakliotis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #246) on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 5:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael, I had two meals at Warung Louise: August 2008 and January 2009. Both were very good -- had the rijsttafel on both occasions. My wife and I are very fond of the tables on the square rather than those on the patio. There is something about having dinner in the town square!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patricia Shapiro (BonaireTalker - Post #73) on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 6:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael: We were at Warung Louise about one year ago - the food was fine but given a choice, I would prefer one or two great Indonesian restaurants on Curacao.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael S. Contratto (BonaireTalker - Post #39) on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 9:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the info about Warung Louise. We'll definately be adding it to our dining out list!
We'll be sure to try the rijsstafel. Do you order that based on the number in your party?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kate Hickson (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #267) on Tuesday, March 3, 2009 - 3:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We ate at Warung Louise last week and it was excellent! We had the Rijstaffel, and while not as great as the Old Inn (of 10 years ago), it's still a delicious dish. I highly recommend the place!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mel Briscoe (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #413) on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 11:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jessica (sp?) told us last night that the Warung is closing before the end of March, and after a transition period she is going back to Holland. Debbie is already back.

Sadness.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neptune Nick (BonaireTalker - Post #18) on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 10:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

How said that they are closing. We're coming in July to Bonaire and was hoping to have another great meal there. Any recommendations in it's place?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3610) on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 7:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

They will be changing their menu and be open with a different style of cooking. The new name will be El Mundo. Look for them!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeremy Bentham (BonaireTalker - Post #42) on Friday, March 20, 2009 - 9:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What a shame. I loved the food there. What type of food is El Mundo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris French (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 9:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

A shame to hear that also. We ate at Warung Louise just after it opened two years ago and went back another time in our week on Bonaire, because we enjoyed the food so much. We were also hoping to go back there when we come back to Bonaire in May. Will there still be Indonesian food on the menu at El Mundo? Is there anywhere else that does good Indonesian food on Bonaire?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3627) on Wednesday, April 1, 2009 - 9:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Spoke with the new chef yesterday and he assured me there will be indonesian selections. There is no other genuine indonesian place here..Curacao is the closest.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration