BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: KFCgull closed
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: KFCgull closed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray and Pam (BonaireTalker - Post #78) on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 8:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thats right, I dropped Pam off at the east entrance and the plan was to drive around to the waterfront and pick her up with her haul of hairy wings and beer. Waterfront was shut off for Regatta parade? Picked her back up on east side and she said KFCgull was being jack hammered up. Hopefully they're expanding or might not get her to come back again. Hope noone changes their vacation plans due to this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #940) on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 9:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry guys-we're in transition to our new location on Kaya Korona and hope to be open there before the end of the month. We'll have a real drive-thru then so you won't have to do the "circuit" of dropping off/driving around (or putting on dry clothes, or even shirts or shoes that matter).
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *joe brannan* (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #560) on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 10:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Heartbestill heartbestill heartbestill
I read Ray and Pam and almost dropped my dental appliances.
NO KFC.....NOOOOOOOOOOO
First the stock market and now my Fentucky Kried

"Breathing into the paper bag...omnipatma omnipatma ommmmmmm...he pauses and reads further"

Whew...another galactic culinary clash avoided

Bright and Breasts (chicken that is).....that there is um LIVING.

Ruth...see ya in bout a month....where the heck is kaya korona.

If you took velveeta and carved it carefully and put in into little aluminum "kiss" shaped wrappers......it'd irritate the heck out of lil kids for halloween.......My mission is identified Colonel General Major General....and I shall obey.

Billy Brie

elvis has been spotted in the yard art section of the local walmart.....eyeing concrete trolls...and I thought the meds were working...more treatment is called for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro (Bonaire Beach Condo ) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1709) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 5:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh I was very very concerned. I always make it a point to indulge in some KFC on Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Tink's back & said I could be bad (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #8126) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 6:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cheezinator, it is the road to Rincon, which runs parallel to Brights Blvd.

Woo-Hoo, KFC and Mentor Bar now within walking distance of each other. No need to rent a vehicle any more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3422) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 8:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I intend to be first in line at the grand reopening!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By carter farrell (BonaireTalker - Post #88) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 9:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

One question to all chicken lovers. Is the Bonaire KFC any different than the USA's KFC? I do indulge occasionally in a wing or two but I've never tried Bonaires KFC? Am I missing something?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13331) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 10:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's better Carter, it's always better on Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick****Tink*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7116) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 10:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK, read the title and my heart stopped like cheezit's...then...i remembered about the new location.

question...can i still get my 2 dollar heiniken with my meal at the drive through????

carter, jerry's right, it tastes better on bon...

the only thing i'll miss is getting my 'what would be my EMPLOYEE MEAL' if Ruth would give me that dang job...a heineeee...and sitting on the bench on the waterfront enjoying my meal...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #941) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 11:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yup, you'll be able to get $2 heinekens at the drive-thru. We'll be able to sell Brights too. And just get your butt here for the job, training starts next week!

PS-After today, don't know if there'll be any waterfront benches left-TD15 is beating the crap out of the west side!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick****Tink*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7119) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 12:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

WOOOHOOO....on the heinneeesss....I don't think I can get there before training, but can I take a "crash course" next time I'm on island? I hope it's before "Dave"...lol...

The waves sure look nasty...hope the piers make it as well:-( Are they coming over the road and maybe take that 'Angel' boat away??? One can only hope right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13337) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 12:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It could catch fire with all the wind???????????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #942) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 1:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've been told Karel's pier and Richard's pier are washed out, as well as the fisherman's pier just south of Yellow Sub's (all the planks up)...it is crazy out there. The police have the seaside road blocked off, so we'll have to wait for this to pass before we can see what Mother Nature has done to us. The waves are crashing over the road-it's quite a show. People have even called to tell us that the waves are going thru the mall (old location). Wish the beach cams were up (or easy to view-I'm having trouble getting to that site-guess we're all there?).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick****Tink*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7125) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 1:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow...bummer on Richard's and Karel's...wow...the wood we saw must have been from the fisherman's pier...water running through the mall? eeeee gads....

The Eden cams are down, so we can't see what's going on there...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #386) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 2:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey BC,

Did I tell you that Ruth actually gave me a KFC hat on our last visit? Oh, and I got it before any of the employees did...... a picture is forthcoming.

It's amazing what the transport of one, little, pink, laptop will get ya.

My first words were - and Ruth can verify this - "Eat your KFC-wannabe heart out Cyndee!"

I will ALWAYS be one step ahead of ya, Boat Lady!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #434) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 2:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know that I will get slated for this but........

It is nothing personal but I had to take issue with Carter Farrells oxymoron "One question to all chicken lovers" when talking about KFC.

I don't believe that anyone who loves animals could eat at KFC or it's spin offs.

Although the KFC corporation is one of the worst offenders, I am not singling them out. They are all guilty to differing degrees.

www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #387) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 2:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I love animals..... most any way that they can be prepared: broiled, grilled, fried, minced, stewed, etc. (just not raw)

Deeelish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy P (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #814) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 3:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

If we were not meant to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat? lol

But seriously and NO offense to the fine folks at the Bonaire KFC (a product I DO enjoy here at home)...but when I'm on island, I eat "island" and the last place you'll find me is at a USA fast food joint. lol I gotta justify that huge airfare and travel expense somehow.

Now if I lived on island....then KFC would be a marvelous international foreign type treat. go figure.

(Message edited by chicagorandy on October 14, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #436) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 3:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dave & Randy.

Just to let you know that I am not against meat eaters. We are after all omnivores and many of the animals that exist on this planet would not do so if they were not in the food chain.

What I am against is abject cruelty. As top dogs of the animal kingdom, we have a choice on how we treat others. How we raise and slaughter our food is one of those choices.

Just because something tastes nice, it doesn't mean that it deserves to suffer during it's short life in order to save a few dollars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick****Tink*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7132) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 3:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lordy lordy...sigh...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #944) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 3:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks guys.
:-p

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ModCyn (Moderator - Post #755) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 3:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK folks, this is Ruth's party. If you want to discuss animal cruelty, or going Vegan, Vegetarian, or anything else, please create a new topic, and play nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #437) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 4:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok guys.

I knew that I would be shot down in flames, as I said, it's not personal.

I just rather enjoyed the irony in Carters post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #945) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 4:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Of course that was personal, disclaimers aside. I'm the only KFC here, and it's the only source of income for my 14+ employees and me. Sheesh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13347) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 4:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What is the projected opening date Ruth?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #946) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 4:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Aiming for 23rd, but this storm is setting us back (a true "Don't Stop the Carnival" situation-no one's working, everyone's watching the sea...). I'll be happy if it's before the end of the month.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick****Tink*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7137) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 4:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

And I might add, that besides Dave and I (ok, I'm assuming Ruth will give us the job, and I want the hat back from Dave BTW), Ruth's employees are all local antillean, and what she does for them...well, bless your heart Ruth!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4838) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 5:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ruth, look on the bright side... Your back-door neighbour might start floating long enough to leave the area... ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #438) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 5:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ruth.

Don't give me that Garden of Gethsemane look and make out that your running of a KFC franchise on Bonaire is in someway a charitable crusade.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13349) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 5:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Antony, there is a lot you (we) don't know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #388) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 5:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

She gave me a hat....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #439) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 5:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dave.

I don't think that Ruth will give me a hat now.

If she did, I am sure that she would find another place for it other than on my head!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #32) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 5:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Antony, I hope we are making jokes right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #440) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 5:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jerry.

I'm a Brit. Surely you recognise our famous sense of humour. (I would have inserted a smiley but they don't seem to come out).

Antony (without the meat)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13350) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 5:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Antony:-)
I'll send you some meat-less hotdogs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #947) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 5:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

As long as the UK keeps producing Eddie Izzard's acts and Little Britain, all will be well. Computer says noooo.
Bitty?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #389) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 5:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

(Message edited by Dave Goodwin on October 14, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #442) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 6:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ruth.

I hope that you have been able to see Little Britain USA. I am not sure that it is going down too well Stateside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #443) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 6:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dave.

OK. No hat for me!

It looks like I'm the only vegetarian in the village.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick****Tink*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7140) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 6:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dave, thank you. My post as a mod wasn't going to be quite so eloquent and kind. I had to restrain myself and tell myself to simma down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13353) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 6:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You still here C?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #948) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 6:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok Daffyd!
I love Little Britain, as it's been on BBC America (which we get here; plus I've since bought the DVD's). We don't have the HBO that's showing the new season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #390) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 6:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

BC,

The better part of valor forced me to remove the post. I guess you saw it before I dumped it.....

Enough said.

Bucket of wings on me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13354) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 6:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good call Mr. Goodwin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julia Graves (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1320) on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 3:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I had to break the very sad news to Bob that KFC may not be open while we are on Bonaire. A little while later I found him looking at the KLM cancellation policy and looking at his boss' work schedule. We live in a very rural area and he doesn't get fast food. Our nearest KFC is about 30 miles from home and he hasn't worked out drive thru yet!!!
Ruth PLEASE PLEASE tell all the construction workers just what sort of effect they are having on the tourist industry. If you reopened on 23rd that will be our wedding anniversary and it might just save our marriage. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Folds (BonaireTalker - Post #49) on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 6:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glad to hear KFC is going to be part of our future trips. With Banks failing, Terrorist trying to kill me because I am from the west, Gas prices coming down but still way more than they should be - just where does the way you kill a chicken prior to placing it in boiling oil fit into all this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #950) on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 9:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Ron & Julia (and everyone else who pm'd me)-23rd would work well for me too--it is my birthday (39 again, getting better at it every year!). Now, if only Omar would lighten up on Bonaire-man, this weather sucks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By carter farrell (BonaireTalker - Post #89) on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 10:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I can't believe that chickens could create such as stir. This is one of the larger forum posts although most of the comments seem rather benign.
Anthony, I did watch that film but I also read what KFC had to say on their site; http://www.kfc.com/about/animalwelfare.asp
And don't give me any lip about bird cruelty; I've seen what you Brits do to "resting" parrots
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218
I also had a chuckle after reading Dave's post # 384 although he forgot stir fried. What do you have against the chinese?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Baker (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #603) on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 11:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

And don't forget the two most important things that chickens have given us...

The pecking order and...

Chicken Fried Steak

Aquaman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *joe brannan* (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #563) on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 9:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Hulking Bulking Bonaire Action Figure
..........CHEEZONACIOUS.........stirs from his stupor, stands on his monstrous muscular legs (ok it's my delusion), flexes his arms of steel, yawns, scratches, and roars
SET MY CHEEEKEN FREEEEEEEEEEEEE

then he wept...quietly into a building sized Bright

uh huh uh huh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J.J zambrano mazzei (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #182) on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 8:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

DonĀ“t Worry...The KFC Moved to a bigger place? thats mean......(the business is growing UP !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Barbara* *"CB"* *Gibson** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2253) on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 1:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I told Eric there was going to be a drive through with BEER. He said he hoped he wouldn't make me carsick, going around and around.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yo MO - Meet me at the 3Day in Atlanta (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4439) on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 1:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL - CB....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *joe brannan* (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #569) on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 5:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Methinks that somewhere, I wanna say New Orleans, they got drive through daquiris.
Led to the development of NASCAR..

left turn
left turn
left turn
left turn
left turn
left turn
left turn
oops
left
um
turn
backup
left turn
whew
left turn
dangit!!!!! backup
left turn
left turn
HOLY CHEESES....WAS THAT ELVIS?
left turn
left turn
left....
snorrrrrreeeee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RA. aka Agent 99(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3170) on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 7:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

babyruth

Just for our favorite chicken lady!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Barbara* *"CB"* *Gibson** (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2260) on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 12:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Joe, come to our house on a football Sunday...it's beer and Cheezits, and a nap during the third quarter...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #952) on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 8:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Agent 99!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration