BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Christmas dinner?
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Christmas dinner?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bobbie Voegeli (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, October 8, 2008 - 2:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be in Bonaire over Christmas and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where to dine for our Christmas dinner - hopefully somebody will be open! We have a picky nine year old so am hoping a plain hamburger or chicken will be on their menu...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian - Holibobs Wells Next the Sea (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4095) on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 2:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bobbie some of the larger resorts will have special meals some may have these in addition to the normal menu. I would check what is available and book a few days ahead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3421) on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 4:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

95% of the restaurants will be open Christmas Eve and day..also boxing day as well. You will have your choice of Burgers!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Stine (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #240) on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 6:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Last year most places were open. New Years was very different if you didn't have reservations. Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3423) on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 8:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

A lot of places have fixed price menus for both holidays.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Holuba (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 5:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What are considered the best places for Christmas diner and New Years Eve. Are any masses in English on Christmas Eve or Day? Thank You

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sorrows (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #135) on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 2:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Stan!

This will be our third trip to Bonaire at Christmas. Our favorite for Christmas Dinner is Wil's, but then that's our favorite for any occasion. Christmas Eve we usually eat someplace simpler/cheaper/later (Lion's Den works out well) so we have plenty of time to make it to mass at the church downtown (whose name, unfortunately, escapes me!) I would check the times when you get there; last year mass started early so it could END at midnight, rather than start at midnight.

The first time we went to Bonaire, we left very early on New Year's Day--after a sleepless night (Club Barracuda was open ALL NIGHT LONG) Last year, we left on January 2nd. I had this idea that New Year's and New Year's Day was going to be a spectacular event! Turns out...not so much. Lots of restaurants closed, the streets dead..weird. The fireworks are great though--and they go on throughout the entire island.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bobbie Voegeli (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 5:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for everyone's reply. We fly in on the 20th so should give us time to check things out and make reservations. Heard that there is more than one Catholic church on the island so thanks for the info on the church downtown that may have an earlier mass. Can't wait to get there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Oliveira (LBR28) (BonaireTalker - Post #45) on Wednesday, November 26, 2008 - 8:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bobbie, to the best of my knowledge there are three catholic churches on Bonaire.
San Bernado is the church downtown.
Lady of Coromoto in Antriol is on the main road to Rincon.
San Ludovico is in Rincon.

Both San Bernado and Lady of Coromoto have masses in english, check their schedules when you get there. They seem to have different hours for masses so, if you miss one you can always catch the other.

I have not been to the church in Rincon therefore cannot give you information on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jef (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 8:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have heard Casablanca has a delicious buffet during the Christmas days. If it will be like last year i can recommend everyone to visit them during those days.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Forand (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Sunday, December 7, 2008 - 9:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Been to Casablanca 24th of Dec.06, they had a fixed menu with enough food for 2 more meals back at our apartment, good food and not that expensive then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By pat murphy (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1644) on Monday, December 8, 2008 - 10:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

we just got an email from cactus blue about their christmas and new years dinners. i would check them out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bobbie Voegeli (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 1:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Again, thanks for all the replies and great info - I did just receive the Bonaire Newsletter that had some of the restaurants listed that will be serving Christmas dinner. Gives me some more choices on top of what everyone else has suggested! I do thank you all and cannot wait to get there - the temperature here (South Dakota) has been below zero for the past three days! Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas....

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration