BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Restaurants closed in September
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Restaurants closed in September
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Wiz (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 1:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be in Bonaire the first week of September and have heard that some of the restaurants close for the month. I have heard that Richards is closed. Are there any others that you are aware of?

Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Mossman (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #5) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 3:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I had been thinking about posting the same query, as we're on the island Sep 6-13 and it's time to start salivating.

It doesn't bother me in the least that Richard's is closed, but our last trip (early December) coincided with the closures of Cactus Blue AND Donna & Giorgio's AND Bistro de Paris, and I hope none of them are thinking about closing again or I might start to take it personally!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6119) on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 8:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I believe Pasa Bon Pizza is closed the first two weeks of September as well.

Capricios closes too, but I don't remember if it's September or October.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3254) on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 9:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I will try to have an updated list of vacations posted in the next few days. It will also be added to www.bonairediningguide.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodwin (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #304) on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 9:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

WHAT!?!

Not only is Richard's closed, but Pasa Bon is also closed in September?

What's next? KFC closing for two weeks?

Mental Note: no more Bonaire trips in September.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin W. Williams (Bella Vista Estates) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #584) on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 10:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wrong solution. If people would come in September, businesses would stay open.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom HEY THE SUN IS OUT (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17373) on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 10:13 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm going in September, will miss Pasa Bon:-(... OH WAIT, I will still be there when Lisa and Joe reopen:-)

Mr. Gaynor, I anxiously await reading the updated list and thank you for providing us with it. Make sure you have XXL shirts in stock (no pink ones), I am packing light:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Boat Chick*** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6128) on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 10:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dave, come on, you REALLY think Ruth would close for two weeks? She won't even give us free polar with our meals, close? NEVER!

Kevin, I heard from a friend who lives on island that it has been an unusually busy June and July, maybe it will continue?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #908) on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 10:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's right BC, KFC closes only Christmas Day (aka the first day of Christmas, Dec 25).

September is traditionally the slowest month of the year for many businesses, hence the closings...if it were to become increasingly busier, then owners might consider other times to close. Don't forget, many are living here to enjoy the island life-style and make a living-that includes being able to close your business so you can have as worry-free a vacation as possible; other owners juggle schedules to remain open all year. It's a personal choice. Capriccio's usually closes around Regatta time (early October). There are plenty of restaurants to choose from, even if 3 or 4 of them close at the same time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3245) on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 10:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lola closes the 26th until the 16th or after Regatta as Ruth mentioned..I think Wil's closes in Sept. for a short time. Not sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom HEY THE SUN IS OUT (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17377) on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 11:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

NO, NOT WIL'S TOO!!!

Jerry, I can I have some of your meds - PLEASE?!?!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #222) on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 9:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

And I know Patagonia was going to close late September, but then they decided to stay open to host the Wounded Warriors again.......Now I'm not sure when they are closing, but I will ask Ines and post when I know. Susan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #224) on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 10:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I just heard back from Ines. Patagonia will continue to be open through September and October; they are not closing this year.

However, Patagonia is only open for dinner now until further notice because lunch is now available at the new cafe (Buenos Aires Cafe which is open in town for breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Davis, InfoBonaire, Bon. Insider (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #226) on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 8:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Also, I just heard from Patrice at Bistro de Paris, and they are also remaining open for the month of September.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Mossman (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 10:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great! I wanted to try them last visit, but they were closed. We'll try at least one lunch and one dinner there in September so they won't entirely regret staying open.

Now how's Patrice coming along with the new website? It's still been saying "coming soon" since last year and I'd love to get more of a look at the menu than the few teasers hidden behind the coming-soon sign. Likely I'll see it in person before I see it on the web!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #735) on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 11:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Greg, we had a lunch and dinner there-both were great. Patrice is such a charming host, making us feel welcome and talking with us about various things. It was a great experience.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration