BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Breakfast with a view
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-12-31: Breakfast with a view
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Melissa (BonaireTalker - Post #61) on Thursday, July 3, 2008 - 9:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ever since the Lost Penguin closed, we have looked for a great breakfast spot. On our trip in May, we were glad to find It Rains Fishes open for breakfast. It is now our favorite breakfast spot. Great pancakes with a wonderful view. Although, I still miss the Penguin's lime syrup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Freeman (BonaireTalker - Post #55) on Thursday, July 3, 2008 - 4:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Someone took over the old Lost Penguin. I forget the name of it now, but the food is still good there. Had breakfast there last year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Stine (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #225) on Thursday, July 3, 2008 - 5:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I can't remember the name either but the food was very good there for breakfast. I still refer to it as the lost penguin even though I know the name was changed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Antony Bond (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #360) on Thursday, July 3, 2008 - 5:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I believe that it is now called Papagayo (Parrot in Spanish)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Live From Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6396) on Thursday, July 3, 2008 - 6:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We ate at Papagayo this trip. Not much of a view. Great food, but very slow service. We prefer City Cafe for breakfast. Great service, good food, and an incredible view.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6806) on Thursday, July 3, 2008 - 8:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Divi's Calabas restaurant (outdoors with roof/cover) is on the water and serves buffet style breakfast. Right on the water if that is what you would enjoy! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6807) on Thursday, July 3, 2008 - 8:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looks like there is another place opening up on July 5 so you could go here for breakfast with a view. CAROle

http://www.bonaireinsider.com/index.php/bonaireinsider/buenos_aires_cafe_premiers_saturday_july_5th_features_fairtrade_coffee_to_h/

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration