BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Food for fun ??
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2003 -2006: Archives - 2006-03-01 to 2006-08-01: Food for fun ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lilian Markgraaf (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Monday, March 6, 2006 - 1:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hai everybody

I booked our vacation at Bonaire fun travel and they offer food for fun.
This means that you get 7 vouchers to eat in different restaurants for 169 euro's.
You can eat a starter, a maincourse, coffee or dessert and 2 drinks.
The restaurants where you can chose to eat with the vouchers are.....

Bongo's Beach Bar
It Rains fishes
Salsa
Kontiki restaurant
La Guernica
Bambu
Flamboyant
City Cafe
and Barracuda

What do you exprerienced Bonaire travelers think?
Is it worth it??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karin van Veen (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1766) on Tuesday, March 7, 2006 - 10:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sounds like a good offer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2125) on Tuesday, March 7, 2006 - 11:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is that 7 meals for about 200.00 USD? GREAT!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By shawn thiele (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #101) on Tuesday, March 7, 2006 - 6:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

is that 7 meals for each of you or just 1? If it's for both I'd say it's not bad. I like more flexibility to choose where I want to go though myself. I'll be eating lunch and breakfast at the Inn myself most likely, and then eat someplace for dinner or takeout to sit out on the beach.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Back to Jeanine, or is it Tribs? (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2165) on Tuesday, March 7, 2006 - 6:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lilian...please come back and clarify for us. If it is for 14 meals (meaning 7 for each of you) that is beyond good! That would be down right incredible. Too good to be true I would say. If it is 7 meals for one person, I am with Ann - that is still a good deal, especially since you are getting 3 courses plus 2 drinks. I would take the deal in either case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lilian Markgraaf (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Wednesday, March 8, 2006 - 5:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

No it is p.p.
So 7 3 cours meals for 1 person.

Are the restaurants good??
It's been to long ago for us to remember.
I remember the Flamboyant becourse my husband had bananasoup there!!
Or am i mistaken, was it open in 1996??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2663) on Wednesday, March 8, 2006 - 9:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I don't think there was a Flamboyant in '96 Lillian.
Jeanine, I love that boundless optimism.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #167) on Wednesday, March 8, 2006 - 9:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lillian, it is a great deal We ate at 5 of the restaurants in January and spent over $150 p.p. without dessert.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Wednesday, March 8, 2006 - 10:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Where can I sign up. Is it only for travelers originating in Europe or can an American get in on the deal?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lilian Markgraaf (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Thursday, March 9, 2006 - 4:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I don't know.
Maybe you can check it out at there website, or e-mail them?
Maybe it's just for costumers who book at Bonaire fun travel, I really don't know.
But you can always ask.
We in holland say, No you have, Yes you can get!! :P

www.bonairefuntravel.com

This is there website.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration