BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: BEST SALAD
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2003 -2006: Archives - 2004-06-18 to 2005-03-18: BEST SALAD
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1430) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 11:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am in search of the best salad in Bonaire. So far I love the raddichio salad at Capriccios, the grilled fish caesar salad at Mangos and the Rum Runners special salad at Rum Runners..what are your favs? My office mate George endorses the salad at Pasa Bon so may try that tonight..

Send me your ideas...I am CRAVING salad.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken & Lisa (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #179) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 5:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Swiss Chalet has a nice basic salad with a good raspberry vinigarette dressing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Cooper (BonaireTalker - Post #50) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 9:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It Rains Fishes serves a chicken caesar that doesn't fit anyone's definition of a "classic" caesar salad, with chicken or otherwise, but it IS ungawdly good. (I particularly like it with a helping of anchovies tossed in!)

how do you spell "mange"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Cooper (BonaireTalker - Post #51) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 9:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

oh, yes...and Raj serves a nice, traditional mediteranean salad at Garden Cafe....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony Cooper (BonaireTalker - Post #52) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 9:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is the Lost Penguin's eggs benedict a salad?
(I've been doing some serious dieting...does it show?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4972) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 10:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

"Mangi" Italian for EAT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Pflanzer (BonaireTalker - Post #73) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 8:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes, two more votes for the Mediterranean
salad at Garden Cafe... actually any salad
there is good, all are made to order.

Carl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #118) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 5:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I love the Cucumber Capaccio with Shrimps at The Flamboyant

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By T-Shirt Divers John and Sue (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #112) on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 11:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Brigitte, tell me about The Flamboyant.

We go to Capriccio for the carpaccio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brigitte Kley (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #119) on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 12:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Flamboyant is the ex-Beefeater Restaurant in the Kaya Grandi, run now by a Belge-Dutch couple with new decoration and a shop for Indonesian home decoration pieces in the inside rooms.
The garden is used as the restaurant as did the Beefeater
I liked their menu, quite a number of interesting dishes.
As appetizer I had that cucumber carpaccio .... thin slices of cucumbers and some sweet peppers marinated in a sweet sour sauce and served on lettuce and topped with shrimps. My partner had a crepe filled with fish and shrimps and a herb sauce.
As main dish I had a surf & turf with lamb chops and shrimps in a creamy herb sauce. My partner had a honey crusted rack of lamb - we love lamb !!
All dishes were delicious !!! All is prepared when ordered so it takes its time, not for people who have to run to their night dive. They have also a nice selection of wines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1431) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 8:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh..sounds GOOD...wowsa...Thanks for the review on Le Flamboyant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Schoonover (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #7) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 12:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lions Dive Restaurant has a great ceasar salad as well. Side salad, or the full meal with chicken.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration