BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Argentinian Bar-B-Que
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2003 -2006: Archives - 2003-03-01 to 2004-06-17: Argentinian Bar-B-Que
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #835) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 8:37 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is that Argentinian Bar-b-que place still opened up the road from Divi? It was delicious.
Any new places to recommend ?
Looking foward to It Rains Fishes, Mon Lisa, Karl's, Zeezecht,Capriccio's,Rendez-Vous and a few more we just wander across.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1373) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 12:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Grill Terrace on Kaya Korona (Exito outlet) is cheap and good. I am hooked on the barhop menu at Mona Lisa thanks to Corney Ann's recommendation. We head there with travel clients tonight. Croccantinos has a new chef so head there for sure. Love Capriccios as always..oh and the Argentinian place is ALWAYS packed..they need a bigger location..haa

I have been cooking in more and well, am so delighted with the offerings in the shops..really good..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Belinda Z (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #123) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 3:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lorraine,

Don't miss The Lost Penguin for breakfast or lunch!

Belinda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #836) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 6:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Haven't been to the Lost Penguin yet. Will give it a try.I forgot about Donna & Georgios too. We usually have dinner there on our first night and bump into some old friends. Cann't wait to try them all again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3375) on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 6:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lorraine, I think you are referring to Casablanca, right? On the same side of the road as Divi not far from the Post Office? I'm certain it is still open as lots of folks have still been raving about the food and the size of the portions on BT. It is fabulous! CArole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #837) on Friday, April 23, 2004 - 1:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think that's it, Carole. I remember the food kept coming and coming.Beef,chicken,pork, ribs.Funny, the resturant has the same name as the villa we're staying in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Webb (BonaireTalker - Post #33) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 2:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Casablanca is alive and well, although the Ricky Recardo look alike,the son of the owner is taking a much deserved vacation to South America. The food is still great and more than you can eat at a fantastic price. We last ate there on Thursday Arpril 8, 2004. I bet the food is still good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stigaard (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 6:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The Casablanca is wonderful and always busy. I look ford to eating there again this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Brossard (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 10:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Is this the same location as the old T'Ankerje? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lorraine Meadows (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #841) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 4:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Not the one I'm refereing to. The one I remember is right up the block from Divi, on the left hand side on the inside road to town before the PO. It was always a small resturant,with a chaukboard the read "lasangna"(thought that was strange always) sometimes. Then they opened a Argentinian Bar-B-que a few years ago.So delicious, if your into meats, and reasonable, nice people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech (Moderator - Post #1765) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 4:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

La Luna is in T'Ankerje old spot on the road facing the water.
Casablanca is in the same block but on the side facing the main road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Israel A. Sanchez (BonaireTalker - Post #26) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 5:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Perhaps the best short-ribs I've ever had. HUGE portions though... Made four meals out of left-overs (that large! seriously). Great People, Great Service. Enjoy! Coach Izzy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3383) on Saturday, April 24, 2004 - 7:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Casablanca also has an outside dining area as well as a small, intimate inside/air conditioned dining area. Wonderful food and the folks who own and run it are a charm! Huge portions, as everyone said, too! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nadine Rubin (BonaireTalker - Post #56) on Wednesday, May 5, 2004 - 11:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Casa Blanca is where the old Key maker shop was. The sign is big so you can't miss it. Reservations recommended. They are always packed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stigaard (BonaireTalker - Post #66) on Thursday, May 6, 2004 - 7:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Casablanca is not for the vegan. Great meat place and so much food. Eat hearty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James T. McPeak (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #226) on Wednesday, May 12, 2004 - 12:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dr. Robert Atkins, God rest his soul, would have loved Casablanca!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin (BonaireTalker - Post #31) on Friday, May 21, 2004 - 12:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ate at Casablanca twice last week. Outstanding! Great service and lots to eat for the $buck$. I had steak each night. Wish I tried the ribs. I saw them cooking. Looked very good.

I suggest you make reservations if you want to eat outside after 7:00. They come by the droves. They are closed on Mondays.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Heidi Custer (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 1:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Went to Casablancas for the first time this last trip (been to Bonaire 8 times) and we had a great meal. We split the Mixed grill between 4 people, with leftovers for lunch. One person in our party had the pasta with shrimp which was outstanding. We will now add Casablancas to the list of regular stops.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration