BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Dining: Special Occasion Dining
Bonaire Talk: Dining: Archives: Archives 2003 -2006: Archives - 2003-03-01 to 2004-06-17: Special Occasion Dining
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Leonard (BonaireTalker - Post #41) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 4:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi there, I will be on Bonaire April 9, 2004 which is:
My 33rd birthday
My 3rd wedding anniversary
My son's 2nd birthday

Any tips on a nice/fancy place for dinner that can accomodate a 2yo?

Our honeymoon was on Bonaire but for some reason I can't remember anything but the diving. :D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan Brocker (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 10:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We did Zeezicht for a 30th birthday. Very nice but not the cheapest. Little kid no problem I would think (maybe call). Congrats in advance!
Jan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leigh Ann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #883) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 4:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Lion's Den is always great. My birthday is April 9 too. Wish I was spending it on Bonaire and wish I was only 33! Have a great time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Leonard (BonaireTalker - Post #44) on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 4:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'll have a drink wherever I end up for you Leigh Ann. :-)
Thanks for the suggestions! I will include pictures in the inevitable trip report.

(Message edited by BrassRingfarm on March 12, 2004)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mary pequinot (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #361) on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 6:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We think Mona Lisa is the best restaurant on the island. It's pretty expensive, but well worth it.

Cappricio's is a great second.

Lion's Den is nice, too, and a little more casual.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ruth van Tilburg (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #184) on Wednesday, March 17, 2004 - 1:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

April 9 is Good Friday, a legal holiday here (gov't, schools, banks, stores, etc. closed). I'm sure all the resort restaurants will be open (we/Mango's certainly), but be sure to call if you're looking at non-resort restaurants.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denis Neil Minihane (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 12:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We just got back last week and one of the best meals we had was at Mai Mai, Its on the waterfront close to Divi resort. The portions are small but the flavors are wonderful. We especially enjoyed the seafood basket and the warm goat cheese course with honey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DJ (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Sunday, March 21, 2004 - 9:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My bias is to Richards for a romantic, quiet evening with great food, a sea side table and exceptional service.Every anniversary for the past eight years on Bonaire and always a great experience. Good Luck !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corney Ann Carter (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #199) on Monday, March 22, 2004 - 9:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mona Lisa is our favorite. We ate there 4 times in the three weeks on island.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John and Carol Collins (BonaireTalker - Post #62) on Tuesday, March 30, 2004 - 6:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just returned from two weeks (not enough time) in Bonaire. Again, the Mona Lisa is the absolute best. We ate there 6 times. Had the Bar Hap and the meals were exquisite...dorado, grouper, veal, shrimp. Thanks again Douwe! Carol

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration