BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire Non-profit organizations: Wish List for Children
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire Non-profit organizations: Maria Hoppner Foundation: Wish List for Children
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Angie Gibbs (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Wednesday, November 3, 2010 - 6:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We would be interested in bringing supplies and /or toys for the Children before Christmas. Please supply me with the sizes, needs, boy or girl and a wish toy for Christmas. Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Smits (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #929) on Thursday, November 4, 2010 - 8:08 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

In the past we have donated ourselves, but I was informed that this child home no longer exists.
I hope some one can chime in with an alternative for your/our donations

(Message edited by bpsmits on November 4, 2010)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael gaynor (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4184) on Thursday, November 4, 2010 - 9:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

There is a group of folks who are working to reopen it as a rehab center.. In the meantime see below. You can also drop toys etc. here as I will be happy to deliver them.

From Norma:
-----------------------------------------------------

"Are you coming to Bonaire before December 21st and have extra space in your luggage? If the answer is yes, please remember to bring whatever you can afford for the "Pasku Briante program" translated as Bright Xmas program. We also accept small contributions to buy items locally.
For those who are not familiar with this program, here is a brief description.....The Bonaire Outreach organisation started this program several years ago to provide Christmas gifts and treats to needy children on the island. They get their support from the local businesses. Sand Dollar has been involved for the past several years and with your support we have been a big contributor and would like to continue this trend. See below a list of some of the items that we need.
Your effort will make a world of difference to these children and we really appreciate it.
Thanks again.
Norma Cole
Sand Dollar Accounting
PS. I do accept items after Xmas, these are kept for the following Xmas

Items needed
School Supplies:
Pencils, pens, crayons, rulers, glue, erasers, exercise books.
Small Cuddly Toys:
Teddy bears, soft animals, TV characters
Books:
Cartoon books, Bibles, comic books, picture books,colouring books,
Games (small):
Puzzles, balls, skipping ropes, card games, yo-yos
Small Toys:
Cars, Airplanes, dolls, toy animals
Toiletries:
Soaps, tooth brushes, toothpaste, hair brushes, combs, small make-up bags
Clothing - ages 2-14:
Hats & caps, socks, underwear, t-shirts
Wrapped sweets & snacks
Cookies, chips, candies

---------------------------------------------------------
From Michael:
---------------------------------------------------------
HO HO HO….Merry Christmas!!

I know this may be a bit early but every December (at least for the past 5 years anyway) Delno Tromp has organized a Christmas dinner for the seniors on Bonaire. Last year 116 guests enjoyed the celebration held at Sunset Restaurant at Den Laman! For the past two years, I have joined him to help secure sponsors to help cover the cost.

If anyone would like to become a sponsor, please let me, Mike Gaynor, or Delno Tromp know. You can drop off your check/cash at Chat n Browse. My phone is 717 2281 or 701 2281. Delno will be away for a few weeks but you can email him at delno33@yahoo.com . My email isinfo@chatnbrowse.com

Thank you in advance for recognizing our seniors. Delno and Mike

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration