BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire Non-profit organizations: Animal Shelter Pics
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire Non-profit organizations: Bonaire Animal Shelter: Animal Shelter Pics
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Live From Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6042) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 3:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Howdy! Today was photo safari day at the animal shelter. The work they do there is amazing. If you have some time while on island, stop by and shop, pet some critters, make a donation, just talk to the people. It is well worth it. I took way too many photos and will post them as I get them edited down. Let's start with the shop on premises. You too can buy really neat stuff that will help to support the animal shelter.
shop here
lots to buy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Live From Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6043) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 3:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kitten time! Come on you know you want to adopt one.

Adopt me please!
I want this one, but don't tell Wes
I'm taking a nap in my basket
I love Amanda, she likes to pet me
Move over and share Amanda
Kitten power!
I'm a little thirsty.
I'm sleek and happy!
Nap time
Toy box

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Live From Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6044) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 3:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Even more....I know you can't stand it!!!

Sleepy baby
Gorgegous Candice
The lovely mural in the cat cage.

This handsome guy is an Ambassador of good will. He loves his little kitty friend and she loves him right back!

Nemo and his girlfriend.
They just LOVE each other!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Live From Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6045) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 3:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Moving over to the puppy cage....
Play time - I win!
Rub my belly - please!!!
We love Tyler's shoes!
To sleep or to play?
Sleep wins out.
But not for long!
Molly is the one with the big ears.
This is Martin and he greets you when you arrive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Live From Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6046) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 4:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

A few more puppies....
You want to adopt me!
What's that?
Playing nicely
Adopt me please

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Live From Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6047) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 4:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

And here he is, the one I have been talking about - Slagbaai! He was found in the park by a ranger who then brought him to the shelter. He is young, around 3 months old. He has wonderful freckles and white eyelashes on one eye. He has a very gentle personality and loves to cuddle.

I will be good
I can sit...well not on command.
I'm unique, look at my coloring.
Me and my little buddy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Krispi Kritter..Sucked IN in Tennessee (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1656) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 4:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OH Tribs...that is so awesome!! I will definitely stop by when I am there!! How do you NOT bring them ALL home?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda** Trouble Maker - Bubbles Maker (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1444) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 4:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nice photos, Tribs. Do the ears on this dog always stand up, or did you just catch him twice with his ears up. Cute!
ears

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boat Chick************** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5439) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 4:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tribs, I have tears....they are ALL so adorable...omg. The one thing I was so impressed with was the cleanliness of the shelter. Cleaner than ours here at home. I know the volunteers work so hard.

Some of those kitty pics need captions and need to be put over on lol cats...ihazcheezburger!

Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Live From Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6051) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 4:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know...it is so hard to leave them. There are older dogs too that need really good homes. I just didn't get into their cages today. There are so many loving dogs there, I wish I could take them all. I'll be taking Wes there when he arrives, we will see what happens. We really are full at home, but who knows.

The shelter is very clean. It is actually kind of fun to help out with the cleaning. You get to pet and play while you clean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Live From Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6052) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 4:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh...so those ears! Her name is Molly but a couple of people just call her big ears. That is how they are. They just crack me up!

And...they sell t-shirts and tank tops too if you want to buy them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #11289) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 4:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have said B4, and I'm saying it again, Tribs, you rock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PegiSue*-YOU KNOW, THE REAL PEGI SUE (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5027) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 5:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I love this thread!!!!:-)
And "Grips" with the ears, too funny!!!:-)
I can see that it would be hard to leave there without taking at least one home...I always want to go there when on Bonaire, but I'm afraid I would be sneaking something in my luggage on the way home!!! Maybe one day...
In the mean time, I will continue to make donations:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5983) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 5:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tribs, thanks a MILLION for sharing pictures. It's a wonderful place with wonderful staff. I am always impressed with the shelter. I will continue to do my part, from afar.

There was a cutie little gray puppy there a few weeks ago; pray he got adopted.

OH BETTE......your puppy is waiting!! :-)

Tribs, you're a great person!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By April (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #202) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 6:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tribs, great pictures! Thank you for all that you do there at the shelter. And thank you to everyone who contributes in any way. Every contribution ... time, money, or both ... adds up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By April (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #203) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 6:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I tried to post my picture, but no luck. I'm sending for backup assistance. :-)

(Message edited by pp01862 on June 3, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ModCyn (Moderator - Post #694) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 6:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here ya go April:-)
cute cute cute kitties

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By April (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #205) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 6:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks! :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5990) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 6:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

YAY, April :-) Great picture (thanks, Cynde!)
It was good to see your kitty tunnels, in full use, a few weeks ago!!! You done good too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By April (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #206) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 6:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Kobi. I hope my husband and I can go back to Bonaire again. I loved visiting the shelter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky H - majorly into PBD (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1737) on Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 9:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OMG they are so stinking cute I can't stand it!!!! I see at least 2 puppies I WANT!!! Not that I can have another right now what with the foster dog and all... :-)

Hey Tribs, the first two kittes you posted look just like my Squirrel and Monkee!!!! No wonder you want the 2nd one!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3159) on Wednesday, June 4, 2008 - 7:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tribsy, I didn't see Slaagbai when we were there last week..do you think Luci and Confy might like a friend?? OH NO..stop me now...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3160) on Wednesday, June 4, 2008 - 7:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Can you all recall our own Josie who adopted not ONE but TWO kittens from the shelter? It can be done. I was at a party the other night stateside and the host has two dogs she adopted from the Caribbean. Anyone who adopts a dog or cat from our shelter I pledge the cost of the first month of food stateside.

Tribsy?? Are you first??

Ok since I know the animal nuts here I pledge the first 5 adopted animals..:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By April (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #208) on Wednesday, June 4, 2008 - 6:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ann, I wished I could take you up on your offer and adopt Fiona the cat ... maybe she had already been adopted! I can only hope.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Amanda Gaston (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Wednesday, June 4, 2008 - 8:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello! Great pictures! I love the one of Molly romping. She's my favorite pup! I was there this morning. Slagbaai was scheduled to be adopted by someone coming in this afternoon. A school group came in today. That is always a bit of excitement. It is nice to see kids learning about caring for animals. Fiona is still at the shelter. Want me to send her to you? (Oh, and that's me in my grubby green scrub top holding Katrina and Ivan.) I didn't exactly dress for pictures!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boat Chick************** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5461) on Wednesday, June 4, 2008 - 8:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Amanda, glad to hear Slagbaai has been adopted, he sure is cute. Thanks for volunteering at the shelter, and I think you look just fine:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Amanda Gaston (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Wednesday, June 4, 2008 - 8:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, and Molly's ears do flop over when she's really tired or nervous. When she first arrived she'd tuck them down if anybody came near. Not anymore!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By April (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #209) on Wednesday, June 4, 2008 - 9:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Amanda, thanks for the update on Fiona. I really wished I could take her, but have my hands full with the 3 already part of my family. I do hope she finds a good home soon. She's such a sweetheart. Please give her some extra hugs and kisses on behalf of me, I'd really appreciate it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3163) on Thursday, June 5, 2008 - 8:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I saw school kids there two weeks back..FABULOUS..can you also educate them not to tie their pets 24 /7 and how dogs are pack animals loving to be near their owners?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Amanda Gaston (BonaireTalker - Post #18) on Thursday, June 5, 2008 - 6:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Fiona

This is Fiona!

(Message edited by mandylibre on June 5, 2008)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Amanda Gaston (BonaireTalker - Post #19) on Thursday, June 5, 2008 - 6:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ank
Ank2

This is my favorite girl Ank. She is still awaiting adoption. I've taught her "sit" and "down". She also walks well on a leash. She is very playful with other dogs, and a bit too interested in cats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Amanda Gaston (BonaireTalker - Post #20) on Thursday, June 5, 2008 - 6:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jack
Jack and friend
Jack is my favorite boy. He is very energetic and LOVES to go on walks. He is still working on leash manners and "down", but he has "sit" down pat. He's been here quite a while. His brindle buddy was adopted. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By April (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #210) on Thursday, June 5, 2008 - 6:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Amanda, thanks for the pictures ... especially Fiona! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Amanda Gaston (BonaireTalker - Post #21) on Thursday, June 5, 2008 - 7:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Happy Herman
All 4
Meercat
Bruce and Annabelle
Bruce and Herman

Here are my monkeys! I adopted Herman the cat from the shelter in October, and Annabelle (big ears) in December. The big two are from the Chesapeake Animal Control shelter in VA. I love these guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By April (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #211) on Thursday, June 5, 2008 - 7:47 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What a nice fur family you have, Amanda. What cute babies!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6049) on Thursday, June 5, 2008 - 7:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Amanda, you have a good heart. Glad to know another great Virginian :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christina Glass (BonaireTalker - Post #45) on Thursday, June 5, 2008 - 10:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know Amanda's 4 babies and they are the most adorable animals not to mention extremely loving (very free with their hugs and kisses!!) and well-behaved!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Just little ole me with a (*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6011) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 8:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Third picture down is Charley...:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue Steiner (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #212) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 9:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You took outstanding photos Tribs! I'd like to spend some time helping out at the shelter when I visit there in a few weeks. Best day to go? Will be bringing stuff for the gift shop and a donation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeanine aka Jah-neen (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9189) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 10:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Sue! Thanks for the compliment, but when you have such cute and cuddly subjects, the photos always turn out great! I'm not sure what the best day would be, but I went on Tues/Thursday mornings. It was great! I'm sure whenever you go, they will appreciate it. Their website is: http://www.animalshelterbonaire.com/ You might want to check it out for contact information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration