BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire Non-profit organizations: Shelter Gift Shop Needs More Stock
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire Non-profit organizations: Bonaire Animal Shelter: Shelter Gift Shop Needs More Stock
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim and Jane Madden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #123) on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 4:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi BT'ers...it's me again, Jane Madden, begging from you generous people. The shelter gift shop officially opened about December 7 and the response has been so great that we are already running out of stuff!!!! Just about everyone that adopts a dog or cats has purchased at least one or two items and other residents have been in to buy stuff for Christmas and just in general. We are beginning to run low on the "hot" items and I was wondering if any of you who might be coming to visit could help us "re-stock" by bringing a few things along on your next trip. The big selling items are dog harnesses (small and medium dogs), dog collars, leashes, cat collars, dog Kong toys (really really big sellers), nylabones, cat tunnels, cat teasers (stick thing with stuff on the end). If any of you can help at any time it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry to keep begging but you guys always seem to be there for us. Thank you for all you've done for us so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia * (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3219) on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 10:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jane....did my things make it from Michael to you yet?

I will call him tomorrow.

If anyone is coming soon and has room I have $ to buy some things and can UPS them to you if you're willing to mule them down.

Anyone?!?!

Kobi in Virginia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim and Jane Madden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #124) on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 12:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Kobi, saw Michael today, he said there were two boxes at the post office that he was going to pick up...so should have your items this week. Thank you so much for offering to get more things if someone can "mule" them! We can use any help anyone can provide. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sue Steiner (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #148) on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 9:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jane - I still have the two crinkly tubes that didn't fit into my suitcase. If someone is visiting the island I could also fed ex them to that person. Same with dog kong toys etc. Also have 3 yards of very cute turtle fabric I told you about but I don't know if you really need that. Glad the store is so popular!! It was fun visiting the shelter - the dogs overwhelmed me with their love and kisses! The cats were a bit more subdued. The volunteers are doing an incredible job providing a safe and loving environment for the animals

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia * (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3223) on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 1:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jane...thanks for the update! Have goodies for you and Hoppner in my boxes; hoping you see that stuff soon! Thanks Michael without you I couldn't have done this at all :-)

I will buy what you quoted above and then pray a BT Angel has room soon :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1311) on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 2:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'll be dow there 1/19 --- will purchase some stuff, and should also have some extra room if anyone wants to send me (reasonably) small items...
Josie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Lawson (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 6:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kobi:

Sent you a PM about carrying some things down ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerald Huppertz (BonaireTalker - Post #38) on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 1:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We have our trip planned for end of April. That's a little too late to help right now, but we'll check back in around early April to see what may be needed then. We manage to get all our things & dive gear packed into 3 suitcases so we have a spare that we can bring stuff in.

(Message edited by bcwolfen on December 20, 2007)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim and Jane Madden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #126) on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 1:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You guys are great...hope more of you are coming down and can bring stuff. It doesn't matter when you are coming...we will always need to replenish stock as it appears this gift shop idea is a huge success. Every person that has adopted a dog or cat since we opened the gift shop has purchased at least two and often more items for their new pet. We are thrilled that we are making the new pets happy and at the same time helping our residents who remain behind. THANK YOU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By YucatanPat (BonaireTalker - Post #77) on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 12:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jane, happy holidays and so glad to hear the store is a success. Susan and I went to pick up some cat tubs tonight, yup, sold out again. They are very popular here so we will just stop by a few more times and buy whatever we find. We will not be back until June, but I am sure someone will help get stuff to you before then.

One thing they did have was the round breaded rope dog toys we brought, do you need these? They also had a pile of plastic side-by-side water/food bowls. Would you want something like that for the store as they were inexpensive and we could pack a bunch, they are light.

How is my little Ralphaline these days, I have his...I mean her pic on my computer at work. Still crying for the wet food I bet! Little stinker......

Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi~spankin's won't make me a good girl (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3244) on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 12:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

:-) Patrick...you both have big hearts my friend!!! Breaded rope made me laugh :-) I know you mean braided rope but loved it!

We will be collecting some goodies and hope to get there early '08. Angels will be able to fly our things there I am sure before then. We'll have one extra EMPTY bag that we can load full to bring down. Will let you know, Jane, exactly when we'll be coming.

SO glad things continue to sell and are going well. I'm a black belt shopper so will do my part to help support you with more things!

Hugs,
Kobi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By YucatanPat (BonaireTalker - Post #78) on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 12:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hehehehe, Thanks Kobi, spell check failed me again. Just for the record, I'm an accountant, can't spell worth a sh*t, and type even worse. Give me a tax form and I do OK though!!

Breaded rope....Da...yup, braided rope that is!!

Have a great holiday and we certainly will swap some luggage space for the animals in the future for sure.

Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia *** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3841) on Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 8:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jane,
Talked to Marlene at Hoppner, yesterday, and she says she brought my bag of goodies to the shelter not long ago :-) They were embedded in the 2 boxes that I sent to Michael.

I am glad they got there. I am shopping for you guys now and will be there within the next 2.5 months :-) If there is anything specific you can use; email me. To date I have several cat toy poles/sticks, cat tunnels, dog/cat collars, leashes, rope toys and will be hunting for more things you all can sell.

Again, bless you for your BIG heart and for all your giving and caring for these animals.
See you soon.....

Kobi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By **Tom** (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #5901) on Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 9:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Breaded Rope?!?! Did you mean to post on the diet thread?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #609) on Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 12:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We've got some room too to bring items of need. We live in Michigan and will be down Feb 9th.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim and Jane Madden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #127) on Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 12:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you all for your generous help. As mentioned we are very low on dog harnesses (for small and medium size dogs), cat harnesses (people want these for traveling with cats when they need to take them out of their carriers to go through security), regular collars for cats and dogs, dog kong toys and nyla bones, cat tubes and teasers....and anything else you'd like to give us. It doesn't matter when you will arrive on island as we will always be needing stock throughout the year. Bless you all for helping us with all of this!
Jane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia *** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3865) on Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 3:14 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marge,
Would you be game to carry a few things I have already purchased? PM me if you are interested & could help; you will be there before me for sure :-)
I'll keep shopping though as we will make it down soon :-)

Kobi in Virginia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #611) on Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 5:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pm on it's way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia *** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3870) on Saturday, January 12, 2008 - 5:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Marge...on my way to check mail.
Just went shopping; I'm gonna need a bigger suitcase when I come down in a few months!!!! :-)
Will contact you, Jane, when time gets closer!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1322) on Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 10:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jane, I'm bringing down about 35 dog collars (local Goodwill received a donation from a pet shop) They didn't have harnesses, but I will shop for some of these also.

I'll be by some time next week --- leaving Saturday 1/19.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim and Jane Madden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #128) on Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 1:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi all...and another BIG thank you! Josie, thank you... will look for you next week...I'm there on Tuesdays and Thursdays til about 11 a.m. Kobi and Marge...thank you thank you...Marge I sent you some directions, hope they are clear enough...Kobi will look forward to hearing from you. Everything you guys do really helps our residents stay well fed and happy...we can't do it without your support! THANK YOU!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By marge karalis (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #620) on Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 9:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kobi, I received the package today. My Duke is buying one of the toys. The blue canvas dog bone shaped one is now his favorite toy. Good thing you send several of these. I will be replacing it with some other items, as I'm going shopping this week-end for some goodies for the furry friends of Bonaire. Just happy to help. Jane, thanks for the directions. If we get lost, we'll leave everything with Michael, but we'll let you know once we're on island. See you in three weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Trip in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3984) on Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 9:53 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marge,
SO glad everything arrived. Duke is welcome to the blue bone toy :-) I felt they were somewhat, heavy duty canvas for some good doggie play time :-) I, too, will be shopping this weekend for more things to come with me in May :-) I was SO hoping those cat teasers would fit in my box and NOT break in bound to you...OYE!
Thanks, again, for being my courier and adding to the delivery.

Hugs from VA!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Amanda Gaston (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Sunday, June 1, 2008 - 9:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

No one on the island seems to have medium/ large airline kennels for dogs. They're big, but if anyone could bring one/some, that would be good. That way we could send some of our bigger adoptable dogs home with someone to the US!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration