BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire Non-profit organizations: The Value of the Bonaire Animal Shelter
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire Non-profit organizations: Bonaire Animal Shelter: The Value of the Bonaire Animal Shelter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2625) on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 1:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I f you have any doubts about the value of the hard work done at the Shelter, read this: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301525,00.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi In Virginia (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1715) on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 1:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just saw the same on another website as well. I'm just sick, sick, sick over this as I sit here with TWO Yorkies in my lap!!!!!

Hard work is done in Bonaire and at all NO KILL shelters. I'm involved in Yorkie rescue and when I read of such horror it just kills ME and makes me more determined to support rescue efforts.

Thanks for sharing, Glen.

Ayorkiemom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky H - finally a countdown (6 mo) (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1513) on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 10:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

As another involved with rescue (Collies for me:-)) this just about made me lose my breakfast.

Thanks Jane and everyone else at the shelter for all that you do to get dogs and cats new homes and for being KIND!

PS: Janey - I'm heading back in March with a dive group so keep tabs on anything the shelter might need and I'll bring some stuff with!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi In Virginia (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1727) on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 10:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jane,
Won't make it back for a third 2007 trip but have a box that I am going to ship for the shelter. Toys, goodies, etc. Will talk to you prior to me shipping.

Hugs and THANK YOU!!!

Kobi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Amanda Gaston (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Sunday, June 1, 2008 - 9:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

No open admission shelter can be a NO-KILL. It is impossible with the extreme overabundance of unwanted cats, dogs, kittens, and puppies.

The Bonaire Animal Shelter is a good open admission shelter. The people who work and volunteer there do their best to save and get good homes for as many animals as possible. The animals have a good quality of life while they stay at the shelter. We are sad that we cannot save them all, but that is the truth of the situation. There are just way more animals than there are homes.

The shelter requires all adopted animals to be sterilized. They also offer financial assistance to anyone who needs help getting their animals sterilized. Please do your part for animals everywhere- have your own pets sterilized, do not buy from breeders, adopt from shelters, donate your time and/ or money to shelters, and encourage others to do the same.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration