BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire Non-profit organizations: Adopted Puppy and Kitten from Shelter
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire Non-profit organizations: Bonaire Animal Shelter: Adopted Puppy and Kitten from Shelter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christina Glass (BonaireTalker - Post #24) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 7:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We were very lucky and adopted a small little puppy girl named Snickerdoodle (Snickers for short) and an adorable little boy kitten named Oreo. (think my kids are missing their goodies back home lol?). They are both wonderful and go everywhere with my kids! They even got to hang out on the beach for awhile to check out the water. Oreo wasn't a real fan but Snickers had a blast jumping in the waves with my son. She wasn't to thrilled with the bath she had to take when we got home to get the salt water out of her fur though!
description

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Koma aka Tom C. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5015) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 7:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Christina, I am happy to read that you folks are wasting no time in making your house into a "home":-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Koma aka Tom C. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5016) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 7:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh yeah, you better take and post a picture of Oreo's tail for Carole B.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1067) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 7:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Awwwww.......THANK YOU for giving these two adorable ones a forever home!!

I'm off to wipe off my computer screen; it's kissed all over now thanks to you :-)

Kobi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim and Jane Madden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #105) on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 7:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Christina, I arrived for work at the shelter on Wednesday and was a little sad that sweet little Michael (now known as Oreo) was missing...but was delighted to learn that a young lady was going to give him all the attention he needs. I will miss him following me around like a little dog as I cleaned the cat quarters...but will smile as I know he is well loved. Snickers is equally blessed to have a loving young man as her new Daddy. Take good care of them...and most importantly a big THANK YOU for adopting two of our wonderful shelter residents.
Jane
P.S. Be SURE to get them both sterilized at about five months old...the sterilization will be free as the cost is included in the adoption fee. It will keep more unwanted animals from ending up at the shelter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1072) on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 9:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jane,
HUGE THANKS AND HUGS for what you do there at the shelter. I went shopping the other day and have lots more rope toys for the doggies. I, now, just need to convince Rob that I need a plane ticket as well to make my delivery in person!!!!

I'll get them to you somehow; along with other goodies.

Kobi in Virginia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky H - another with no trip in sight (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1310) on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 2:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey Janey... any news on a "Spay day blitz" You know I'd love to volunteer!!!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim and Jane Madden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #106) on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 6:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kobi, Puppies are currently having a great time destroying the rope toys you brought!!! Personal delivery would be fabulous...but whatever you do is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help and support.
Hi Becky....some plans in the works for a beefed up spay program...you've got mail!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1986) on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 9:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know of another vet who might be interested in the spay program - though I'd told him about the one that occurred a few years ago when the vets were sponsored so the smaller out-of-pocket expenses appealed to him as well. If that were still to be the case, could you let me know? I know he'd be down in a heartbeat if it didn't cost quite as much to be there! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1989) on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 4:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Back hours later, because I forgot to mention: he's a large and small animal vet so could help with the donkeys as well. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Reem (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2596) on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 9:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know a vet couple in CT who windsurf so they might come if Ann P. can guarantee windy weather. ;–)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tararaboomdeay aka Kali and Kai (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4643) on Monday, August 27, 2007 - 5:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Congratulations to Snickerdoodles & Oreos new family - you are blessed :-)

oh and yes, lots of pictures please!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Amanda Gaston (BonaireTalker - Post #15) on Wednesday, June 4, 2008 - 9:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know these two! They both grew up BIG and strong. Oreo is now called Joseph and is a very cool cat. Snickers is now called Nike and loves to go swimming. I do love happy endings!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Christina Glass (BonaireTalker - Post #44) on Thursday, June 5, 2008 - 12:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here's the newest picture of Joseph (aka Oreo, Michael), my daughter just couldn't decide who he was until she decided he was definitely a Joseph! Joseph Hard to believe he is that tiny kitty in my daughter's arms now since he has grown soooo much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs, Live From Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6073) on Thursday, June 5, 2008 - 7:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What a wonderful story. Any updated pics on the puppy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Just little ole me with a (*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6010) on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 8:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Joseph looks like Charley's brother..

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration