BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire Non-profit organizations: Bonaire Animal Shelter
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire Non-profit organizations: Bonaire Animal Shelter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2830) on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 1:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

They need volunteers M and F AM to play with the cats to socialize them. Please contact the Shelter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spicy Mad (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 8:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have not been to Bonaire but will be heading there in early Nov. Question- do they still need volunteers? Also, what part of town\the island are they located? Is there a map with the shelter on it?

Thank you,

Spicy_Mad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim and Jane Madden (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #116) on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 11:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Spicy Mad, Welcome to BT. We are ALWAYS in need of volunteers and welcome those that are able to just come and socialize with our residents. We are located on Lagoen Road/Kaya Papa Cornes in Antriol. If you are coming from downtown Kralendijk, take Kaya Korona to Kaya Papa Cornes/Lagoen Road, which is a block or two past RBTT bank, and turn right. Continue on that road about a mile (I think it's a mile, my distance meter is not really good) and the shelter is on your right hand side. Look forward to seeing you there.
Jane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michelle Robinette (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 1:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm so glad to hear there still is a animal shelter on Bonaire. I grew up on the island, and remember going out each saturday on my bike down the road from Hato to Rincon and finding boxes alongside the road with baby kittens or puppies, some half alive. I would bring them home, nurse them back to health, and find good homes. I don't think some of the island people knew what to do with kittens they did not want, and figured they would somehow survive in the mondi. If they knew they could drop them off somewhere safe, it would save alot of little lives. I wish I was there to help you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By April (BonaireTalker - Post #35) on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 2:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am glad to learn there is an animal shelter on Bonaire, too. It sounds like the great people who work there do wonderful work and I am VERY glad to learn (from their website) that all animals are spay/neuter before being adopted out. The only way to control unplanned litters is with spay/neuter. Not only is it birth control, but it also provides numerous other health benefits for the animal. I do plan to visit the shelter while on Bonaire, as I work for a volunteer group here at home that does cat rescues.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kobi in Virginia***Trip in May (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4680) on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 4:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jane,
I will see you in mid May for sure :-) Have more goodies for you. I had someone sew some cute fish and bone shaped pet placemats. I figure you can sell those at your yardsale/fundraiser.

Marge, is on island now and should be seeing you with some goodies from both of us...thanks Marge!!!

I am shopping again and if there is a specific need; email me. I am going by your last request.
Thanks to you and your staff for having BIG hearts and being there for the animals.!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1471) on Thursday, November 4, 2010 - 6:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I have some guilders that I won't be able to use as my next trip is February. If anyone is going down that would be willing to take them to the animal shelter as a donation, I would be happy to mail them to a US address. Probably about $20+, but I hate to just throw money away!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration