BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire Non-profit organizations: Updated Needs List 5-26-07
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire Non-profit organizations: Maria Hoppner Foundation: Updated Needs List 5-26-07
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #449) on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 1:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You can donate toward a cake for the Boys by going to Michael Gaynor's (Chat n' Browse) and he has an envelope fund for this. If you want to donate, but will not be on island soon, you can do so through BTCI.

Paypal - paypal@bonairetalk.com

Check or cash to:

BTCI
P.O. Box 4061
Dana Point, CA 92679

We will get the funds to Michael.

I received an updated list from Renee (the sponsor coordinator for the boys). At this time, they could use:

Towels (bath & beach & kitchen)

Underwear (prefer the boxer briefs)

Socks (white ankle)

Clothes for church (dress pants/shirts, dress shoes) Kids are going to church every week now.

Toiletries

Peanut butter & jelly, mac-n-cheese, cake/cookie mixes & frosting, cereal/snack bars, powdered Koolaid/Gatorade, any kind of healthy snack that’s easy to pack.

You can drop these items off at Chat n' Browse, and Michael will get them to the home, or contact the home and arrange to deliver them yourself if you like.

Thanks in advance to all those who love and support the boys.

Cynde

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marilyn M. (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #160) on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 1:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde, what age group are we talking about? Just a general range so that the items are really useful. Would love to start getting stuff together so that I can plan ahead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1814) on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 2:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Marilyn, Renee didn't give me an update on that. I'll check.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #450) on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 5:38 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There are nine boys at the home. I have sizes for some.

Jeans
32/32
14 (boys)
30/31
30/30
10 (boys)
12 (boys)

t-shirts

Mens small and medium
Boys large

shoes

Boxers (they prefer boxers over briefs:-)

Cynde

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marilyn M. (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #161) on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 6:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Cynde!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ayorkiemom (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #362) on Friday, May 25, 2007 - 11:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for this needed update, Cynde :-)

Now for one more ?. Sorry to keep asking about this BUT I'm shopping all the time (it's a sickness LOL) so would like to know.....

Since there are only 9 boys there, currently, could we get ages of each boy? This would surely help me buy for specific age groups. The clothing thing I'm good on but I want to bring something for each child that would be age appropriate. I have secured some decorations which they can reuse for B days and other Holidays along with toiletries. Will be arriving mid July for second visit this year and have extra suitcases started :-)

Thanks in advance for any response.

Kobi in Virginia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #454) on Friday, May 25, 2007 - 12:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kobi, These are the ages I have 8 of the boys:

three are 13

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ayorkiemom (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #363) on Friday, May 25, 2007 - 6:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yippee....this is great to know! Cynde....you ROCK!

Thanks for gathering and posting all info; I am off to practice my black belt shopping....LOL!!!

Kobi

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration