BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire Non-profit organizations: My adopted dog from the shelter
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire Non-profit organizations: Bonaire Animal Shelter: My adopted dog from the shelter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jenny (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #174) on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 1:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Here's a picture of "Niko" our newly-adopted dog from the Bonaire Animal Shelter:

niko

he's been living with us here for almost two weeks & we love him! He's about 2 years old & had been living at the shelter since September. There are tons of cute pups & kitties there, so even if you are on vacation, you should pay them a visit!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Gauron (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1157) on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 2:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jenny, I'll bet he loves you more.
Good for you, and him!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By victor mena (BonaireTalker - Post #40) on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 1:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What happens to the dogs that are not adopted,do they sacrifice them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #292) on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 1:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Victor, they very rarely euthanize the animals (at least this is what Jurri the director of the shelter told me when I met him last week). If the animal is not "adoptable" (aka, aggressive, etc.) they resort to this. When animals are brought to the shelter, they have them spayed and neutered as well. They run a great operation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ...boom dee ay (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1931) on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 2:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Congratulations to you Jenny - Niko is a beautiful dog.
May you have years and years of joy :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky (PADI spy) Hauser (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #619) on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 6:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

He's a real cutie! Congrats on your new buddy:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By victor mena (BonaireTalker - Post #41) on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Mrs.Cynde for answering me!.That´s excellent,that way those poor homeless dogs and cats get a chance to have a better life.It´s really sad when I see them dead on the streets and highways.Great job! at the Bonaire shelter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4446) on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jenny, Niko looks like he's smiling ! What a happy doggie !! Congrats on the new addition to your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jenny (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #175) on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 9:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

thanks everybody!

he's just discovered that coconuts are a fun chew toy... he shreds them up & if he gets frustrated, he drops them in the pool!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration