BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Bonaire Non-profit organizations: Donations for Maria Hoppner Foundation - Feb 04
Bonaire Talk: Bonaire Non-profit organizations: Maria Hoppner Foundation: Donations for Maria Hoppner Foundation - Feb 04
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13081) on Monday, February 7, 2005 - 9:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi All, I received this list from a contact at the Foundation:

The Boys at the Maria Hoppner Foundation are in need of the following items, in case you have some extra room in your baggage!

All the boys are in need of:
-Swimwear/shorts (they don’t like small speedo’s!)
-Slippers (plastic ones) for outdoors
-Sport shoes (sneakers) -Snorkeling materials (masks/fins/snorkels)
-Underwear
(Hanes ! Good quality)
-Sock’s (ankle socks , they love them)
-Towels/beach-towel’s
-Bedding sheets (1 person bed-size - twin)
-School supply’s –backpack/pen’s/markers -scissors/glue/note-books/colored pencils
-Shampoo/toothpaste/toothbrush/shower-gel/deodorant (no spray!) etc.
-First aid supplies (like bandages/tape/ everything)

For general use we could use the following:
- School-glue( for exampel Elmer’s)
-Finger-paint -Paint( basic color’s preferable)
-Markers (Crayola)
-Wood snippers (lolly-pop sticks) for arts-project
-Foam shapes for art-project
-Glow in the dark-paint -Colored paper (all sizes)
-Basket-ball/small bouncing balls
-General art&crafts materials

Also welcome:
-cookie/cake mixes
-frosting
-balloons
-birthday-decorations
-Easter/Halloween-decorations

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michaela cooney-polstra (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 11:03 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello, Could you let me know how many boys are in the facility? Also, what are the size ranges for the kids? I am returning to Bonaire and if possible I'll try to pick some things up to bring for the kids. Thanks, Michaela

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #208) on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 7:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Michaela,

Thank you for your interest in helping the boys. Currently their needs include:

Single bed sheets, towels (bath & beach), toiletries (toothbrushes & paste, shampoo, body lotion, etc.), nutritional treats, briefs & T-shirts in sizes - boys medium to adult large.

You can drop the donations of with Michael Gaynor at Chat N' Browse located just North of the round about on the North end of town. It's by Sand$ and next to Lover's Ice Cream.

Thanks again for thinking of the boys!

Cynde

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michaela cooney-polstra (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 11:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde, Thanks for this information. Could you let me know how many children are living in Maria Hoppner? Also, I can drop things off at the center without any problem. Is there a contact person there? Michaela

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #212) on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 12:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michaela, there are 11 or 12 boys. The best place to drop things of is with Michael at Chat n' Browse. The staff is very busy at the home and it is difficult to arrange a time that works for everyone so they have asked that we have a "central" drop off location (such as Micahel's) and then he will take things to the home in batches.

Tish Dace who lives on Bonaire is also a drop of person. You can search BT for her profile and email her privately through that if you choose that route.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michaela cooney-polstra (BonaireTalker - Post #13) on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 7:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde, Thanks again for the information. I can understand the need for a central drop off due to the staff being so busy. I appreciate your time spent giving me this information! Masha Danki, Michaela

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #215) on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 7:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michaela, my pleasure:-) Thanks again for thinking of the boys:-)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration