BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Newsgroup Announcements: E-Mail Harassment of BonaireTalk Users
Bonaire Talk: Newsgroup Announcements: E-Mail Harassment of BonaireTalk Users
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Newsgroup Moderator on Monday, August 20, 2001 - 5:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Please be advised that we have received word from several of our users that an unscrupulous company is attempting to solicit them for "special" Bonaire vacations.

The messages come from writeon@metrocast.net, and are promoting a site called www.bonbini.com, which is operated by Polaris Marketing. For more information on what various participants in BonaireTalk have to say about this organization, please see http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/24/8191.html

Should you receive (or if you have received) a mail message from these people, we highly recommend that you cut and paste (and modify as appropriate), the text below, which is from a note we sent to these people's Internet Service Provider (send the message to abuse@metrocast.net):

------------
Dear Metrocast Abuse Center:

I'm one of the people getting harassed by e-mail from "writeon@metrocast.net". A copy of the unsolicited and unwanted message I received from these people is below.

These people are clearly in violation of Sections 3 & 4 of the Electronics Communications Policy of your company's Acceptable Use Policy, as seen at http://www.metrocastonline.com/content/aup.htm, and I ask that you shut them down so that they cease harassing and spamming myself and other users of the BonaireTalk discussion group.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
----------------------

BonaireTalk is a forum for open communication, and having people like these abuse the Web site is reprehensible.

Should any of you get any other Bonaire-related spam which you believe is the result of your participation in BonaireTalk, please forward a copy with headers (you can get these in Outlook Express via File | Properties, and then cutting and pasting into the message you send out to complain).

Sincerely,

The BonaireTalk Moderators

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration