BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Kitesurfing, Windsurfing and Sailing: Jibe City
Bonaire Talk: Kitesurfing, Windsurfing and Sailing: Jibe City
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rudy Sheppard (BonaireTalker - Post #59) on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 - 4:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Anyone on the Island going to Jibe City this week? I need to get in touch with Vanessa,the Mgr, at Jibe City.If anyone can help, please ask her to contact Sean at rudysheppard@yahoo.ca .I have sent email to Jibe City but no one seems to be responding.( you can tell her Sean & Linda from Canada)she will know who it is.Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy - 'Rayman' (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4014) on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 - 5:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Rudy, I got a reply from info@jibecity tonight after enquiring about the webcam being down on 27th feb, Gert said that the Antenna mast by Kontiki via which Jibe City gets their internet was blown down during the high winds at the weekend.

Hope you had a great time at Lac Bay during your recent trip, I have a few captures from the webcams, but not too sure if you are on any of them :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rudy Sheppard (BonaireTalker - Post #60) on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 - 5:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ok, thanks Roy.Last week we had great winds on Lac Bay, strongest was in the thunder showers....very refreshing, but difficult to see where you were going.I think someone said they saw 30 kts in the thunderstorms.Our last day was last Friday, sailed for 5 straight hours.....I was done like dinner.Back home now, my blisters are just starting to heel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy - 'Rayman' (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4015) on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 - 6:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

ahaaa well I've just had a quick look at 'my archives' from last Wed. ;) and found these....

23rd feb 1147

23rd feb 1151

23rd feb 1158

23rd feb 1246

and just to stay on topic, I do believe this is Vanessa in the foreground :):)

23rd feb 1230

and these two PEAK winds 60kmh / 30+ knots

27th feb 0951

27th feb 0953

unfortunately I have to be up at 6am in the morning, for a 4 hour drive to a meeting, but I can promise you more of the same type of 'captures' tomorrow evening :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corney Ann (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #422) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 8:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Do you still need to get the message to
Vanessa. We are at Jiby City except no wind so far today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rudy Sheppard (BonaireTalker - Post #61) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 8:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

If you could pass on the message, that would be great.I have sent another email but no response so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly(*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6664) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 10:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey I was there last week, and on Friday almost all day, too ! :) The wind was wicked all day! At least as of Friday, Vanessa was there in the shop. I can't see any archives though... what am I doing wrong?? We were two blondes hanging out in front of the cams a few times that day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy - 'Rayman' (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4016) on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 - 7:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

hehe Kelly looks like the Jibe City Cam was offline most of Friday, I only got these two captures (my archives) off it

25th 1544

25th 1545

and here's the best of the action from Windurf place

25th 1149

25th 1400

25th 1534

25th 1546

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rudy Sheppard (BonaireTalker - Post #62) on Friday, March 4, 2011 - 3:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Got ahold of Vanessa, no need for message to be passed on now.Roy, any shots from early in the days? We usually sailed from 8:00- 12:00, then dove in the afternoons....Wind and tide seemed to be always good early.After the full moon, it got quite shallow in the afternoon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy - 'Rayman' (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4018) on Sunday, March 6, 2011 - 5:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rudy, I have had a look thru from 11th feb to 25th feb and found these..... looks like there wasn't much wind the first week :(

unfortunately when I get home here in Germany it is about 1pm on Bon, so most of my captures are from around 1pm onwards. If you did spend an afternoon or two at Jibe City then let me know the dates and I can have a look if I have any more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy - 'Rayman' (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4019) on Sunday, March 6, 2011 - 5:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

oh and to keep on topic of Jibe City....

GREAT to see that their internet and Webcam is up and running again since the 3rd Mar ;) good timing too !!

I bet you wish you were still there :):)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rudy Sheppard (BonaireTalker - Post #63) on Sunday, March 6, 2011 - 11:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I don't think we sailed any afternoons the whole two weeks we were there Feb 12-26........I believe one of the captures above is of my wife sailing.The green and yellow NP sail on port tack.......nice.

Missing Bonaire, but will be sailing at home soon......10 C today, which is really good for March.......could sail today in a dry suit, but I'm holding out for warmer temps.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration