BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Kitesurfing, Windsurfing and Sailing: Kiteboarding
Bonaire Talk: Kitesurfing, Windsurfing and Sailing: Archives: Archive 2010: Kiteboarding
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Beth Castellow (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 11:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What happened to the Kiteboarding on the island? Last visit there we could not find them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. ~ Jersey Gal (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9013) on Friday, March 27, 2009 - 1:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kiteboarding is still going on, they all hang out and do their thing down on the south side at Aquarius. Was on island in February for three weeks, they sure were having a blast out there with all the kicking wind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2093) on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 5:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Beth..We were down there in Feb & March and there was no shortage of kiteboarders. Were you down south? I believe they launch at Atlantis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. ~ Jersey Gal (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9028) on Monday, March 30, 2009 - 7:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Vince, Yes, it is Atlantis where they kite board. Thanks for pointing the correct location out in such a gentlemanly manner. :-) Sorry, we never did get a chance to meet up this past trip, maybe next time. When are due back?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2098) on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 5:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Debbie..I get all those "A"s mixed up down south anyway. We'll be back down for 2 weeks in Aug.
Looking forward to returning and diving in the sheet of glass :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. ~ Jersey Gal (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9035) on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 8:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Vince, we will be there for two weeks in August too.
Yup, my best time of the year is in August, can't wait, will be going for a short visit prior to that, but maybe we will actually get to meet up this time around! We're there the first two weeks, and you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *****Tink***** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8847) on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 10:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

kiteboards
more wind
the old pink bus, now the kiteboard bus

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2100) on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 12:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Deb..we'll be there for weeks 2 & 3 in Aug. You & Greg have to come by for drinks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B. ~ Jersey Gal (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9042) on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 2:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

You got it Vince!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Gruendell (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 7:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We will be coming back down in January after a couple of years away. I windsurf at Lac Bay and scuba but some friends in our group kiteboard. It looks like the wind is pretty much offshore at this launch with nothing but open ocean downwind. What happens to downwinders? Can someone tell me where the Atlantis site is? It looks like it must be on the south west.

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Gruendell (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 7:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Okay I did a little research and found my answer.
http://www.kitebeaches.com/kitesurf/loc/bonaire___atlantis.html

The advice on this site is to arrange your rescue before you get on the water. Good advice I think. ;D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3973) on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 6:39 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The good thing is, you can never get slingshotted into a hard paved parking lot as that sadly has happened to some kiters..It's a lovely site to see the kites flying..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Tise (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #115) on Friday, February 11, 2011 - 1:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No, you just get yanked into the deep water and spend the night being dined on by large toothed critters from the deep.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration