BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Kitesurfing, Windsurfing and Sailing: Windsurfing Lessons at Lac Bay
Bonaire Talk: Kitesurfing, Windsurfing and Sailing: Archives: Archives 2007 -2009: Archives -2007-01-01 to 2007-05-31: Windsurfing Lessons at Lac Bay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Brokamp (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Friday, January 5, 2007 - 4:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Back home, boo-hoo. Just a quick mention regarding instructor Rene at The Windsurf Place. He did a great job getting my son up and sailing within the first 30 minutes of his first lesson. Thanks
We don't have a bunch of photos however since a fellow from the neighboring naturalist resort kept venturing into deeper water to practice his fly fishing technique towards the clothed section of beach. Way too funny! To each his own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Johnson (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Friday, January 5, 2007 - 7:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

How old is your son?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Brokamp (BonaireTalker - Post #30) on Friday, January 5, 2007 - 7:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

He is 18 but I saw children as young as 5 getting lessons. Also watched what looked to be a very determined 3 year old. I learned 25 years ago and sure wish I had a place like Lac Bay to learn - it is perfect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rosanne (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #932) on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 12:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Awesome, my 9 year old is going to give it a try in April, she is psyched for it! As for the naturalists, more power to them but when we were there in April a man about 60 ventured over and then proceeded to bend over right in front of my kids! They cracked up and went EEEWWWWW! It was very funny!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda P Olney (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, February 8, 2007 - 3:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Ann,
Haven't windsurfed for years and my husband and I are in our mid 60s. We are avid skiers and want to end our winter, withwindsurfing in Bonaire. Is this a good place for learning again or is this only for advanced surfers? Can you also make our travel arrangements? Thanks, Linda Olney (617-423-5769)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2610) on Thursday, February 8, 2007 - 4:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Linda,

Bonaire is perfect for beginners. Shallow water, bathtub warm, gin clear. Please email me at ann@bonairecaribbean.com so we can chat. My daughter enjoyed talking to you today.

:-)

Annie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie {Moderator} (Moderator - Post #313) on Thursday, February 8, 2007 - 4:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome to Bonaire Talk Linda.
Anne's email address is ann@bonairewindsurfing.com perhaps it would be better to private email her for more personalized answers to your questions..

Bonaire is a GREAT place to learn to windsurf. you will have a great time..

Again Welcome to Bonaire Talk.. please take a moment to read our posting policies..they can be found HERE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Blue Ridge (BonaireTalker - Post #91) on Thursday, February 8, 2007 - 4:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Linda,
I think Bonaire would be a perfect place to relearn the sport. Lac Bay is large and a reef protects it from sea swells. There were enough beginners that my son didn't feel intimidated. Not at all like trying to ski double black diamonds when you are a beginner. Another Lac Bay feature that I wish I was had available to me in my learning days was the shallowness. Deep enough to give you a soft landing but shallow enough that you won't get exhausted hauling yourself back on your board. Welcome to BT, the information available helped make my first visit A+++.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration