BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Kitesurfing, Windsurfing and Sailing: Harmony Between Divers and Kitesurfers/Windsurfers
Bonaire Talk: Kitesurfing, Windsurfing and Sailing: Archives: Archives 2001 - 2006: Archives - 2005-04-01 to 2006-12-31: Harmony Between Divers and Kitesurfers/Windsurfers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dr. Director (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #106) on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 1:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just returned from another wonderful 9 days on Bonaire. While returning to our accommodations one day from shore diving at Margate Bay, I observed several kitesurfers at Pink Beach. Have seen threads here and cautions in Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy about kitesurfers possibly being present at some of the dive sites, I got to thinking about a way for both groups to have access to the water while not creating a danger for the other group. My idea: why not have the Marine Park establish new sites for kitesurfers and windsurfers midway between the marked dive sites. These kitesurfer/windsurfer sites could be identified with blue painted stones (blue for the sky or the water) and named by the kitesurfer/windsurfer community.

Is this idea feasible?

Note to moderators: I am intentionally posting this same message on the Windsurfing and Diving boards so it reaches both groups. Request you do not delete either message so it can be seen by all interested people. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeroen Roevros (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Wednesday, December 7, 2005 - 6:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There is no problem between the kitesurfers at Atlantis and the divers, as long as the divers let the kiters know where they are! If they surface, let them put a fin in the air or inflate a bouy and after they surfaced they have to stay at the surface... I don't see the problem!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4263) on Wednesday, December 7, 2005 - 7:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jeroen, I agree, but one small addition, the kiters should not fly around in the shallows, except on the spot where they enter or exit the water.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeroen Roevros (BonaireTalker - Post #24) on Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 9:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

That would be only possible if the wind was not offshore.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration