BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Snorkeling Bonaire: All-time favorite snorkeling spots?
Bonaire Talk: Snorkeling Bonaire: All-time favorite snorkeling spots?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zach Komes (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 3:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm looking for some of the best snorkeling sites on Bonaire. We've been to the island 6 times, but not for the last few years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ***Ken *** (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #794) on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 4:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wayaka II hands down

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Brown (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #104) on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 9:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Let me tell you, my husband and I really love "the Cliff" it is just next to Coral Paradise and I believe the dive shop at the sight is Dive Friends if I am not mistaken. Easy entry and on our first day this trip we saw a hugh spotted eagle ray and a turtle, and when you enter and go to the right there are these old pillars and things in the water where all kinds of things hang out!! Saw a beautiful octopus and lots of puffers of all sizes, and lots of things of ALL sizes!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MBZ aka JimmyChooWho aka R.A. (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #16400) on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 9:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Andrea I and II, we saw LOTS of turtles last time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #217) on Sunday, May 30, 2010 - 5:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I can highly recommend a trip on the Woodwind and have the wonderful snorkel at Klein Bonaire under the professional guidance of Dee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gerben Kleijn (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, June 3, 2010 - 10:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

go to:

easy swim: plaza, enter at tipsy seagul and swim to the left. nice coral and at the end/entrance of the harbour there usually is a stingray.

hard swim: sorobon/lac, walk to the edge of the lake towards sea, where the waves break. it's an half hour walk/swim to get there but is worth it. the coral are awesome, various and big and you might see some big creatures!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patricia Shapiro (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #135) on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 11:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Agree with Ken. Wayaka II requires patience to get to but is very rewarding.

Last trip, February 2010, we also very much enjoyed Tori's Reef - the entrance is very easy and there's lots to see in both directions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Gillan (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #392) on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 11:42 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Playa Benge'.
Tire Beach North.
Turtle Kraal (east coast).
out in the deep blue water.
wherever you are now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ChrisA (BonaireTalker - Post #90) on Thursday, July 1, 2010 - 1:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Take the water taxi to Klein and do a drift. You can drop your things off at the little beach and then they'll drop you off between the buoys. We took over 2 hours to get back to the beach but that's because we ended up following eagle rays and turtles back against the current. We like to take our time anyway. The reef seems so much healthier over there. Tons of great things to see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tribon54 - Nick (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 6:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Probably my all time favorite snorkel site, because it was so unique, was the mangroves. It was a guided snorkel trip. We first had to demonstrate good technique before being allowed to go because the mangroves are so shallow and the bottom is so easily stirred up. My favorite site was the non-stinging Mangrove Jellyfish.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration