BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Snorkeling Bonaire: Snorkel Fiji and Tonga
Bonaire Talk: Snorkeling Bonaire: Snorkel Fiji and Tonga
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Eiceman (BonaireTalker - Post #70) on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 1:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Skipping Bonaire this year for the first time in several years and are heading to the South
Pacific to snorkel Fiji and Tonga.

I’m hoping someone who has recently been with WhaleSwim and/or has been snorkeling in Tonga and/or Fiji would be willing to share their experiences with us.

Any suggestions regarding packing, equipment, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob and Connie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wanda ludlow (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Friday, April 30, 2010 - 8:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hello. I'm going to Bonaire tomorrow..first time. It was a toss-up between Fiji and Bonaire, but if going there now...might be a bit rainy still. Going with CO and their new flight? Would love you to share photos and experiences of it and enjoy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Eiceman (BonaireTalker - Post #71) on Friday, April 30, 2010 - 9:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Wanda,

I'll put you on my list. Enjoy Bonaire! Say hello to Richard for me @ Richard's Restaurant.
Bonaire is great. I'll bet this will be your first of many trips. This is our first trip to Fiji and I'm looking forward to everything but the flight.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wanda ludlow (BonaireTalker - Post #12) on Friday, April 30, 2010 - 9:43 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

yes...always across the ocean ones are. I just did Continental/HA in Dec. thru Honolulu to American Samoa.. Had a long layover so just took the bus to town, stayed at the hostel for about 20$ and relaxed..both ways. Happy journey and share some of those photos! Will say hi to Richard!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Derenne (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Sunday, May 2, 2010 - 9:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Went to Taveuni last year and Bonaire a few weeks ago.Both trip were awesome.
As far as reefs go I don't think Fiji can be beat.Fiji is also much more affordable.If diving from shore Bonaire can't be beat. Snorkeling will be better in Fiji due to no Omar.If $ is a concern Fiji can't be beat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Derenne (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Sunday, May 2, 2010 - 9:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I wen't to Fiji in the "dry" season it rained every day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clark Heijbroek (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Wednesday, June 2, 2010 - 11:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I used to live in Fiji (3 years). Were you on the wet side Steve? West coast is almost always dry but the east where I lived (Suva) rained all the time. If you dive I recommend the shark dive in Beqa Lagoon (Pacific Harbour) - south-east. I didn't see the Tiger Shark but the Bull Sharks were pretty impressive. I know Beqa Lagoon has great snorkels too. Be careful not all resorts on the west coast have goo snorkelling. If you find the right spots its brilliant (try snorkel trips to tiny islands etc).

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration