BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Snorkeling Bonaire: Compass Sailing
Bonaire Talk: Snorkeling Bonaire: Compass Sailing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Lerman (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 11:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just read great reviews of Compass Sailing on Tripadvisor. Any comments? Anyone have thier contact info?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #194) on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 11:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I booked to go with them last Friday but it was canceled at the last I was the only one booked on the trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Louis Lerman (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 8:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

How did you contact them? I can't find a phone or email address. Help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #197) on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 9:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am going to try and make another booking with them but I highly recommend the Woodwind as I have had some very enjoyable snorkeling trips with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #375) on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 2:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I don't know anything about Compass Sailing but it would be very difficult to be better than the Woodwind. Dee always makes her trips most enjoyable and her skill and knowledge add greatly to the experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #205) on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 3:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Woodwind gets my vote!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #205) on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 9:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tried to book with Compass for Friday snorkel but there isn't one. However they did offer me a sunset cruise, which I did not want. So this afternoon I went on the Woodwind and it was fantastic. Turtles everywhere, plus a load of fish. Highly recommended.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patricia Shapiro (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #133) on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 9:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hmmmmmmm --- seven postings in this thread and four of them with glowing mentions of Woodwind. Are these purely spontaneous?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trevor Naylor (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #206) on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 11:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Patricia. What can I say. I have had fantastic trips on the Woodwind. I have tried twice to get on the Compass without success so i cannot comment on the Compass. So I can only comment on experience. Have you been on either of the snorkel trips?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo Hoogenboom (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 8:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Patricia, book a trip on the Woodwind and you'll figure out why everyone is so enthusiast. If you did already, I don't understand your reaction...

(Message edited by leo on April 26, 2010)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J. (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #26159) on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 8:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Patrica, do a keyword search on the Woodwind, you will understand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #210) on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 10:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Patricia, after reading about the Woodwind trips on this board for the last 16 months, we finally booked it 2 weeks ago to see why so many people talk about it. It was an unforgettable trip. Most people on board were returning customers, most had multiple trips that same week booked. That is customer loyalty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #376) on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 12:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Patricia, I hope you are not trying to imply that there is a conspiracy to support the Woodwind. That would simply be false. We started to sail on the Woodwind 16 years ago when it was owned by Renee. The trips were great then. After Dee and Ulf bought the boat we continued with them and have never been disappointed. Frankly, I have never met nor heard from anyone not pleased with Dee and her trips.

I am sure the responses you have read are purely spontaneous and richly deserved. Bonaire has a number of great hosts and they all deserve to be praised and supported.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2718) on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 10:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

George you said that beautifully! I sail on Woodwind four or five times a trip and can't get enough when I am there. If you snorkel and truly want to see how to experience all that Bonaire offers under water, I would highly suggest Woodwind and also doing guided snorkels with Renee. When you go with Woodwind you see some great spots around Kline and one of them has tons of turtles. When you go with Renee you find some great spots to snorkel all along the shore. Don't forget Dee and Renee are in the water daily and know where all the unusual sitings might be! I have been snorkeling in Bonaire for 21 trips now and I still do Woodwind and guided snorkels with Renee and I am rewarded with many wonderful and unusual sitings of fishlife! I am sure that my husband's and my pictures from our last trip that were just posted will attest to that! :)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration