BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Snorkeling Bonaire: Just back from Cruise ship with photos, we packed a lot in!
Bonaire Talk: Snorkeling Bonaire: Just back from Cruise ship with photos, we packed a lot in!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Quinzi (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Monday, March 29, 2010 - 9:52 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We did as much snorkeling as any passenger from a cruise ship could do in one day! Thought I'd share my photos and thank the folks here who helped answer my questions as we prepped for our trip. We had a blast!

Link below is to my on-line photo book which has 20 pages of photos to document our snorkeling experience on Bonaire starting on page 88 (our ship went to 6 other islands and we snorkeled on Aruba, St John, and Eleuthera)

http://www.panraven.com/visitor/VisitorViewStory.epage?sp=Sview&sp=154975

ONE TIP- if you click on the arrows below the photos, you can see 2 pages at a time, which give a better panoramic view. If you click directly on the photo instead of using the arrows...you can only see one BIG page at a time (click again to go back to two page view). There is also a small button next to the arrows that lets you "go to" any page you want, instead of clicking through the first 88 pages

(Message edited by markstudy on March 29, 2010)

(Message edited by markstudy on March 29, 2010)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Skipper Tink* (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2431) on Monday, March 29, 2010 - 10:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mark, off to check out the pics. Glad you had a good time on Bonaire. How did it compare to Aruba?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Skipper Tink* (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2432) on Monday, March 29, 2010 - 10:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Love the rainbow parrot you captured! They are huge aren't they?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lee Heller (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Monday, March 29, 2010 - 8:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

wow Dominica, I always wanted to go there but it would take too long to fly. You packed in a lot of vacation in a short time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Quinzi (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 12:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Skipper Tink- the rainbow parrots were huge and it was the first thing I saw when I dipped my head in the water, I was still in 3 feet of water. And before my eyes could focus, I was like.. what are those big dark shadows? LOL

As for Aruba... I've been twice and still not found great snorkeling. I'm going to have to rent a private guide or boat next time. I've been on some good group tours, but they pick safe reefs, and I have a feeling there are some great reefs...but the currents make them more advanced?

Hi Lee- Yeah...Dominica was a big surprise for us. I'd have to rate it as the best land-based trip I've had over 3 cruises all across the Caribbean.

I use to dive with my dad and we'd pick a different island each year to visit for 10 days. Now that I'm married... for the last 3 years my wife has signed us up for cruise ship vacations. I've been impressed with the amount of things you can pack into a 10 day trip of 6 islands.

(Message edited by markstudy on March 30, 2010)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brenda (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #391) on Tuesday, April 6, 2010 - 5:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Very nice presentation, thanks.

I've never seen a rainbow parrotfish, very cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brenda (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #392) on Tuesday, April 6, 2010 - 6:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So, my research into the r b parrot, also answered my curiosity of how much sand the parrot fish poop, lrg 1s, 1 ton/year, smaller 1s hundreds of lbs/yr!
http://www.sheddaquarium.org/parrotfish.html

Just sayin

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration