BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Snorkeling Bonaire: Swim fin suggestions
Bonaire Talk: Snorkeling Bonaire: Swim fin suggestions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nancy Klune (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 5:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am not a really strong swimmer but don't sink very easy either. LOL I use pretty long fins most times, helps to keep up with groups and cover more distance, but don't want to risk damaging the coral so am thinking about getting shorty fins for this trip. I did see a few post about the current being pretty strong in places.
Will my longer fins be a negative?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By subaqua (BonaireTalker - Post #69) on Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 1:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nancy,
If you know your fins, they won't be a problem in and among the coral.. sometimes long fins in the mix of coral and current are actually a plus as they generally don't need the higher amplitude to get you moving, and that can translate to less chance of nicking the coral.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nancy Klune (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #6) on Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 2:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you Subaqua. That makes sense.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration