BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Snorkeling Bonaire: Woodwind Snorkeling
Bonaire Talk: Snorkeling Bonaire: Woodwind Snorkeling
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #351) on Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 9:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We had 2 trips with Dee on the Woodwind this year and as always she and her crew did a great job. We saw many fish including turtles, rays and very large queen angels. The boat has been remodeled since our last visit and it was comfortable. This is a must trip for us and I would recommend it to any snorkeler on the Island.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Stauber (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Monday, February 1, 2010 - 1:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

How many people are on the boat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Carvalho (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Tuesday, February 2, 2010 - 10:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think it's a max of 25 or so, though there were only 12 on our trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #359) on Tuesday, February 2, 2010 - 1:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Michael is correct. On one trip I counter 28 which I think is max. However, Dee has hired Breno as an extra guide for days when she has a full boat. Our trips did not exceed 15 this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #195) on Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 5:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We went on the Woodwind last Wednesday. It was an amazing adventure. We saw turtles, Dee explained lots of fish species. We were 15 on the boat, the drift snorkel was a lot of fun. Anybody not familiar with snorkeling can learn from Dee and her staff. Her staff photographer Suzsanna took a lot of pictures which are available on a CD at the end of the trip. The staff was very attentive, food and drinks plenty!!! I would recommend this to anybody!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jackie (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Friday, August 20, 2010 - 2:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We did the Woodwind trip on a Tuesday, July 20th.

This was the 5 hour trip. It included three drift snorkels, lunch, and all the drinks you want.

There were about 24 people on the boat and it was pretty full. Everyone sits on the roof of the cabin. As we left for Klein Bonaire a large pod of spinner dolphins came to the boat and started playing around the bow. The staff got so very excited, because this does not happen very often. It was a wonderful site.

We were broken into two groups for our snorkels. Our guide was Roberto. He was very good, and a superb free diver. Pointed out lots of nice stuff. Everyone on the boat was very comfortable in the water, because no one returned to the boat early in either group.

The lunch the fed us was excellent. Oh, and the rum punches have quite a kick. I was very relaxed during the third snorkel.

A very nice days's entertainment. My only complaint was I would have liked to snorkel in shallower spots. 30-50 feet is deep to see things. 15 to 20 feet would have been really nice.

Jackie

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration