BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Snorkeling Bonaire: Snorkeling for a pregnant diver
Bonaire Talk: Snorkeling Bonaire: Snorkeling for a pregnant diver
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Katy Miner (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #1) on Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 4:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi All -

I have been coming to Bonaire every year for the last 7 years, and I have been reading BoanaireTalk for a long time as it always has great information!

Unlike my previous visits, though, I will be pregnant on this visit! I am an avid and experienced diver and bummed that I won't be able to dive, but I'm hoping to make up for it by doing some snorkeling this year.

I'm hoping to visit some sights that won't make me miss the diving as much! Which sights would you all recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie B.~ Jersey Gal(*) (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #11728) on Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 11:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tori's Reef, Donkey Beach, at the Plaza you go in by the rocks and go left down to the dive pier further on down. Karpata. to name a few. Lots of places, Windsock as well. Yellow Sub. is another. Almost anywhere you can jump in and see fish. :-) I will be snorkeling this trip due to a fractured tibia, plan on snorkeling wherever it is calm enough. Plan a snorkel trip on the Woodwind too. Dee is awesome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1310) on Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 5:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

also renee is great
es

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BarbieRuth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3126) on Monday, February 1, 2010 - 1:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Welcome to BT, Katy and CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is wonderful news :-)

I agree with Debbie's list as well as Elaine's suggestion to book a snorkel with Renee.

If you are going to have a vehicle, there is another spot just north of Eden Beach. You can go into Eden Beach's driveway and before you get to their entrance/guard booth, there is a dirt road to the right. Follow that to the beach and enjoy a great snorkel there. It is called Front Porch North and has lots of great things to see around the broken down dock to the north as you enter the water.

If you have a truck, our favorite spot to snorkel is in the park called Wayaka II. We do this on our last day when we can't dive. It is a fun dive with 2 french angels that greet you when you enter the water and swim with you as well as huge midnight parrotfish and so many other wonderful sights! There are stairs, so I would advise caution and a helping hand so you don't slip.

We were avid snorkelers till last year when we bit the bullet and got our OW certifications. Our first trip was all snorkeling.

Best of luck with your pregnancy and enjoy the trip!

Ruth

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Katy Miner (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Monday, February 1, 2010 - 4:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank you so much for the info! I really appreciate it! I can't wait to touch down in Bonaire next week, even if I can't dive this trip.

And to the gentleman who e-mailed me about my relation to a Kevin Miner - I accidentally deleted your e-mail before I could respond! I'm not ignoring you, just don't know how to get back in contact with you. :-) To answer your question, I am a Miner by marriage, and there is no Kevin Miner in my husband's family.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration