BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Support Bonaire: Support Bonaire Can People Bring Items?
Bonaire Talk: Support Bonaire: Questions for and about Support Bonaire, Inc.: Support Bonaire Can People Bring Items?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott and sharon barlass on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 - 6:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Jake and Linda,

I think your Support Bonaire organization is great. Thank you for taking the time, and investing the $$$ to set it up. Many of us who love Bonaire want to give something back. Even though we can't be there all the time, Bonaire seems like a second home...a haven from the hussle and bussle of daily life in the USA!

Question. Are there items that people could bring down to help the organizations supported by Support Bonaire, Inc.? We are arriving 6/28 and would love to overpack our suitcases with stuff!!!

Thanks,

scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 8:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Small, packable, donatable items that would present be of use include:

- B&W & Color Print cartridges for an Epson C60 (Maria Hoppner)
- Paintball guns & paint balls (Donkey Sanctuary)
- Replacement floppy drive for a Dell Latitude LX notebook computer (Hoppner)
- External CD-ROM which works via Parallel port or PCMCIA and is Windows 95 compatible (Hoppner)
- Clothes (small kids up through teenagers) (Hoppner)
- Any small computer printers (Wowo di Bario, Hoppner, STCB)
- Money always works too :-)

Thanks for thinking of Support Bonaire and supporting Bonaire, Scott!

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott and sharon barlass on Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 9:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake,

I can do the B&W and Color cartriges.

I'll check into the paintball guns and balls.

I can do an External CD-ROM

Clothes...no problem

What about an external floppy for the Dell?

Can anyone else out there bring down a small printer? Think I'm going to run out of room!!!

Sara...are you going to be on Bonaire to use the paintball gun and balls to mark the Donkeys?

Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Richter - NetTech on Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 9:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

And don't forget the animal shelter. Here is the list from their website:
- Frontline Tick and Flea Preventative - we prefer the largest size for dogs 89-132 pounds.
- Cat carriers
- Deworming pills for kittens, puppies, cats, and dogs
- Dog toys (designed for outdoor use) and rawhide chews
- Cat furniture (can not be made from untreated wood)
- Digital camera

These aren't luggage sized of course, but just in case someone is interested in a larger contribution.
- Washing machine
- Used truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 10:10 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Scott,

Not sure how to attach an external floppy to the Dell notebook (which you may be familiar with :-) ). I don't think it's possible.

Part number for the swappable floppy drive is Dell 79029.

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott and sharon barlass on Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 12:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake,
I'm striking out on the floppy drive...went to Dell's website and searched under that model number but could not find anything. Is this one of the old Dell's I donated??? If so...it is an oldy but goodie. Is there a more definitive model number for the Dell laptop? I can call Dell and try to find the part.

Thanks,

scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 11:06 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yep - it's one of the notebooks you donated :-)

Model is LX4100D

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott and sharon barlass on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 2:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the model number...I'll try to find the replacement internal floppy drive.

Got the paintball gun and 500 paintballs for the donkeys. Not sure if I can bring the C02 cartidges in checked baggage...may have to go via container...will check.

Got flea collars, de-wormer medication, rawhide chews and outdoor dog toys

Got the printer cartridges 2 b&W and 2 color

Got the external CD Drive...it is USB...so hope that works.

Got some clothes for Hoppner from neighbors with kids...very clean and little wear on them.

See you soon,

Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Richter - NetTech on Friday, June 21, 2002 - 2:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Outstanding, Scott! What a role model you are! :-)

Jake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7323) on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 3:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake and Linda, I figured I would check and see if any and/or all of these items are still needed.

Thanks,

Cynde

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration