BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Support Bonaire: Project Parke Publiko Boneriano - We Dare To Care
Bonaire Talk: Support Bonaire: Project Ideas for Support Bonaire, Inc.: Project Parke Publiko Boneriano - We Dare To Care
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #88) on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 5:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We thought we would share a new project on Bonaire, for it's children and families.

Subject: Project Parke Publiko Boneriano

Dear Sir or Madam,

“We Dare To Care Foundation” a non-profit organization was founded with the objective of addressing and finding solutions to some of the social problems affecting Bonaire’s children .We believe that the balance of economic prosperity and advanced social development of Bonaire’s future lies in the hands of our Children. This development starts from infancy until young adulthood.

In order to achieve part of this objective we have built a public recreational facility in the form of a playground and park; “Parke Publiko Boneriano”. This park is accessible to everyone and no entrance fees are charged.

The Government of Bonaire has given us this suitable piece of land and we have been granted funds by AMFO to build the park & playground. This project was executed in a very short period by participation of many small to medium companies and voluntary involvement of NGO’s, Schools, Institutions and volunteers to create the concept. “From the people for the people”

We thank you in advance for your support for this much needed facility.

Davika Bissessar. President
We Dare To Care Foundation Kaya Soeur Bartola P.O. Box 279, Kralendijk, Bonaire.N.A.
Tel/Fax:599-717-4262 Email: bismar@bonairelive.com or jamesfinies@flamingotv.net

The park address is: This is the address of the park: Kaya Soeur Bartola, the postal address is P.O. Box 279 Kralendijk.

Pictures:

park
park1
park2
park3
park4
park5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (Moderator) (Moderator - Post #89) on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 5:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

More pics
park
park1
park2
park3
park4
park5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Taft (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #583) on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 7:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde (and all other moderators) -- thank you for sharing this information and the pictures. Children's issues are a focus of mine and I am always pleased to see positive steps being taken. I will look for ways to support this wonderful effort in Bonaire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mare (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1273) on Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 2:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I've been to this park -- it's beautiful.

Mare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rona of Black Durgon Inn & Scuba Center (BonaireTalker - Post #25) on Wednesday, February 1, 2006 - 1:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yes Mare, this park is beautiful. Thanks for the pics Cyn.

You can see the large covered patio in the pics, they sell drinks and ice cream treats at the window. There are two separate playsets and swings for bigger and smaller kids. The last picture is of the small skate area with a small ramp. There is a small paved sidewalk that goes around so you can walk or kids can rollerblade, etc. The entire park is fenced in so kids are safe from traffic, etc.

One of the old snacks used to have a metal swingset that my dad would often take us to as kids... we loved it. Now, thanks so much to all the efforts of the families, my daughter has a great park to play in!

THANKS so much to everyone who had anything to do with making this park a reality. You have made many children so happy! Good job!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ann Phelan - www.bonairecaribbean.com (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2122) on Thursday, March 2, 2006 - 5:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This is such an effort and clearly a labor of love...GOOD WORK to all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Coash (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #126) on Monday, March 6, 2006 - 11:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am curious - where is this park located - in relationship to other landmarks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rona of Black Durgon Inn & Scuba Center (BonaireTalker - Post #51) on Tuesday, March 7, 2006 - 2:07 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Russ, turn by Cultimara and pass the hospital on your right. The park is just after the curve in the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cyn (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17239) on Tuesday, March 7, 2006 - 2:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I think Martini has directions...oh "martini"...where for art though?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4314) on Tuesday, March 7, 2006 - 3:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde, Rona is correct. Or if you come from the RBTT bank and you are driving along the back side of Kooijman, you cannot miss it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cyn (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #17244) on Tuesday, March 7, 2006 - 4:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK, I swear Rona's post wasn't there when I posted mine...lol...I think I need to go back to grasshoppper mode...lol...thanks Rona and Martini...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michelle Robinette (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #3) on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 1:26 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow, it sure is nice to see a park for kids there. I grew up on Bonaire, and our play spots were usually in the mondi, where there were alot of stray dogs. I can remember jumping through cactus being chased by these dogs. Well, I'm sure the island kids will love this new playground!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration