BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Trip Reports: Great trip
Bonaire Talk: Trip Reports: Great trip
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jo (BonaireTalker - Post #16) on Friday, April 22, 2011 - 11:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well that's it for another year. We will be back next spring but it does seem a long way away right now. I'm sitting by our condo just taking in the last hour or so of our holiday. This trip we stayed at Lighthouse Beach Resort and found it to be perfect for what we want. We rented a townhouse which has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, plenty of storage space (walk-in closets) and a place to rinse off and clean our dive gear.

The diving has been amazing as usual. The viz was not great at times but there is so much to look at on the reefs and walls that we concentrated on that. We saw an Eagle Ray, a few turtles, a Lobster, squid, moray eels, green morays, flamingo tongues, groupers, lion fish and fish, fish, fish.

We dove from far down south to far up north. The furthest south was Hidden Beach and the furthest north was Nukove. We ended up yesterday on a boat dive to Klein and did The Forest and Monte's Divi.

We had two dives with very strong currents which, for us, is unusual for Bonaire.

Every year we dive with Tropical Divers and this was no different. We only take tanks and weights normally but this year we did go on a boat dive with them. They are friendly, professional and a joy to know.

We cooked in the condo and we went out. A few places we went to were Sense, Sunset Grill, Unbelievable, City Cafe, Bistro de Paris. We ate out in style the day we arrived at KFC which I actually love! We tried ice cream at one of the new places opposite the chemist. It was very good, but I can't remember to name.

All in all a very good trip and I will be sad to leave tonight, but saying that I will be very happy to see my dogs and cats tomorrow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Virginia Miller (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #8) on Friday, April 22, 2011 - 2:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Looks like you missed 2 really terrific dining places, Bravo, and Cactus Blue, but other than that looks like you did everything right.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration